The Student Room Group

Pre- Registration Physiotherapy Msc 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
JLWebster, thank you! I obviously can't divulge too much information as we sign sheets to say we won't disclose information but there is nothing out of ordinary in the interview. Prepare as you would for any other physio interview and you will be fine :smile:
Original post by RyePhys
JLWebster, thank you! I obviously can't divulge too much information as we sign sheets to say we won't disclose information but there is nothing out of ordinary in the interview. Prepare as you would for any other physio interview and you will be fine :smile:

That's all I needed to hear really, thank-you. Are you going to accept southampton, or are you waiting on others first?
Reply 62
JLWebster, you're welcome. I'm going to accept Southampton. Best of luck, hope to see you there next Jan!
Original post by RyePhys
JLWebster, you're welcome. I'm going to accept Southampton. Best of luck, hope to see you there next Jan!

Hopefully! One last question sorry.

What kind of experience do you have in Physiotherapy? Just want to see how my experience weighs up against your own?

Thanks for all the help!
Reply 64
I've had 3 different placements at different NHS hospitals, 1 in a private MSK clinic and 1 with an orthopaedic surgeon in which I was able to see physio work with post op patients. Yourself?
Original post by RyePhys
I've had 3 different placements at different NHS hospitals, 1 in a private MSK clinic and 1 with an orthopaedic surgeon in which I was able to see physio work with post op patients. Yourself?

Thank-you. I've worked in a private MSK clinic, 1 year in the NHS as phlebotomist on the wards, currently a full time neurological physio assistant, and have a one week rotational placement in a local hospital coming up.
Hi mate,
Hope your applications are going well. Unfortunately, I had my response from Birmingham today that stated they did not want to take my application further. I am extremely disappointed I did not even get to the interview stage as I felt I covered all the necessary requirements. Had voluntary Physio experience, working as Personal Trainer one to one with clients, 3rd year Exercise and Health undergrad, personal statement covered plenty of NHS values. But oh well Ill try again. Sent off applications now to York, Leeds, Man Met and Brighton.

Fingers crossed and good luck!
Reply 67
Original post by jackpomroy
Anyone heard from MMU?

I've just heard from Manchester. I have an interview mid May.
Original post by Jhewson
I've just heard from Manchester. I have an interview mid May.

Hi mate,
When did you send your application off for Manchester? And have you had any other offers or interviews?
Reply 69
Original post by RoryHallidayPT
Hi mate,
When did you send your application off for Manchester? And have you had any other offers or interviews?

I applied on the 28th of Feb this year.
I have applied for Leeds and york but they don't get back to you until end of May to the start of July, I have got into bsc level as a back up but pushing for Msc.
Original post by Jhewson
I applied on the 28th of Feb this year.
I have applied for Leeds and york but they don't get back to you until end of May to the start of July, I have got into bsc level as a back up but pushing for Msc.

Ahh good stuff mate. Could potentially be on an interview day together then aha. I'm hoping Manchester gets to me ASAP. I thought York would be quite quick to reply as they only consider the first 100 and applications close April 31st. After being rejected from Birmingham I'm a nervous wreck haha
Reply 71
Ahh good stuff mate. Could potentially be on an interview day together then aha. I'm hoping Manchester gets to me ASAP. I thought York would be quite quick to reply as they only consider the first 100 and applications close April 31st. After being rejected from Birmingham I'm a nervous wreck haha

This is my second year applying. First year I had two interviews with no such luck. With over 300 people applying for 14 places is very competitive. That's why I applied for bsc level too. Yeah you would think that would be the case for York, however I don't think they shut it when the first 100 applicants apply either! Did you apply to York on the day it opened?
When did you apply for Manchester?
I ended up getting a job within the NHS to fill the years gap between applying again.
Original post by Jhewson
This is my second year applying. First year I had two interviews with no such luck. With over 300 people applying for 14 places is very competitive. That's why I applied for bsc level too. Yeah you would think that would be the case for York, however I don't think they shut it when the first 100 applicants apply either! Did you apply to York on the day it opened?
When did you apply for Manchester?
I ended up getting a job within the NHS to fill the years gap between applying again.

Oh okay, well good for you on the NHS work they love that! I'd love to get a interview just so if I don't get on a course I'm prepared for next year. Because I haven't even got my classification yet I feel this doesn't help with everyone else having there official degree grade! Where and what did you study at undergrad? And were the interview last year scary or were you surprised you didn't get in?
Reply 73
Any Glasgow Caledonian applicants kicking around? :smile: We've got a Facebook group going for those who've been accepted!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1135210573185263/
Reply 74
Oh okay, well good for you on the NHS work they love that! I'd love to get a interview just so if I don't get on a course I'm prepared for next year. Because I haven't even got my classification yet I feel this doesn't help with everyone else having there official degree grade! Where and what did you study at undergrad? And were the interview last year scary or were you surprised you didn't get in?

I found the interviews alright. Simple questions and I thought I was well prepared as i have numerous placements shadowing within the nhs and private and worked as an injury practitioner. However it's that's competitive I was annoyed I didn't get in but this year I understand why from my current job!
Also this year will be very competitive as they are cutting NHS funding after this academic intake so loads will be applying.
I studied sport therapy validated by York St. John run at york college. It's a very hard masters degree to get into that's why I applied bsc level too
Original post by Jhewson
I found the interviews alright. Simple questions and I thought I was well prepared as i have numerous placements shadowing within the nhs and private and worked as an injury practitioner. However it's that's competitive I was annoyed I didn't get in but this year I understand why from my current job!
Also this year will be very competitive as they are cutting NHS funding after this academic intake so loads will be applying.
I studied sport therapy validated by York St. John run at york college. It's a very hard masters degree to get into that's why I applied bsc level too

That's crazy, your application already sounds stronger than mine! I've done one 1 month placement in a private hospital, musculoskeletal outpatient clinic. But I'm also a personal trainer which isn't nothing on NHS work but the people skills required I believe make me ready to do physio. I've done exercise and health at undergrad hoping to get a first if my dissertation is good! Hopefully Manchester might get back to me this week.
Has anyone else heard from UEA yet? I have an interview on June 9th. Also, I have an interview at Teeside, but still waiting to hear back from MMU, Leeds, and York. I got a straight decline from Southampton due to my lack of research so I am very worried about going to the interview and this being the issue. Has everyone just completed a dissertation project as their research?
I got a rejection from Essex. The reason is that in a personal statement my word count of 544 exceeded their maximum 500.
Reply 78
Original post by Wandering Soul
Hi can I just ask if they ask for fee assessments of anything like that relevant to the fact that they maybe getting closer to making a decision regarding your application. Cause i have not got any replies from the universities expect for emails regarding fee assessments

Hi, I was offered a funded place so I have not heard anything about fee assessments sorry :frown:
I know they are offering lots of non-funded places this year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Anyone else had an offer from UoB? thinking about sorting a house in selly oak (the student housing area for those that didn't do there BSc here :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending