The Student Room Group

Pre- Registration Physiotherapy Msc 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Oh fair play, I like the sound of that. Manchester is my last resort for a place, as I've only had two interviews which turned into two waiting list offers. Well played on the offer from Northumbria, I know someone who has also been offered a place there for the 2017 intake.
Accepted my offer at Northumbria yesterday! Anyone else?
Reply 122
Hey everyone! I was planning on taking up a place for post grad physiotherapy at Birmingham but decided to do the Physicians associate course instead. However i bought the 5th edition of trail guide to the human body in advance (it was recommended to me by a few physiotherapists) As i don't need it i am selling it cheap on ebay. Happy to drop off at Coventry or Birmingham University

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272334610183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I'm currently looking at a physio pre-reg Msc as a career option when I've finished my current degree. I was just wondering, is it essential to be sporty to go into physio?
Original post by RosieGirl
I'm currently looking at a physio pre-reg Msc as a career option when I've finished my current degree. I was just wondering, is it essential to be sporty to go into physio?

No not at all, in fact institutions would rather see that you have a well-rounded comprenshion of physiotherapy and the disciplines it covers. Not just musculoskeletal injuries and sports therapy. If you gain a place on the course they want you to forward on to a career in the NHS, so try and emphasise that you are enthusiastic about this prospect. If you do want to go into a sports setting afterwards, I would touch upon your interest in this area but don't go into too much detail. :smile:
Original post by MJ500
Hey there, I've accepted a place at St. George's! I was thinking of setting up a Facebook group for those who are going there.

Also, have you sorted somewhere to live yet?

Miraj

Hi Miraj,

Congrats on getting in at Georges! I too got an offer which I have accepted!

In reply to your message, I think you should set up a facebook page! Look forward to seeing everyone there!
Original post by RosieGirl

It's actually looked on less favourably if you go on about sport in your personal statement. Physio is an NHS course with your future career assumed to be in the NHS, not sport. I'm super sporty and think I put about a sentence about sport in my personal statement, the unis want to see you have a realistic idea of what physio is about (which is hospital work not sport) so defo don't be worried about being sporty!
Reply 127
Anyone applying to the Rehab Science MSc at Brighton this year?
Been accepted on pre reg physio masters but it is not NHS funded and the course fees are £28000 for the 2 years then you have living costs on top. So has anyone any ideas how anyone can afford this.As the postgraduate loan only gives you £10000 and the PCDL loan seems very hit and miss then it only give you another £10000 at best . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Original post by bfc4eva
Been accepted on pre reg physio masters but it is not NHS funded and the course fees are £28000 for the 2 years then you have living costs on top. So has anyone any ideas how anyone can afford this.As the postgraduate loan only gives you £10000 and the PCDL loan seems very hit and miss then it only give you another £10000 at best . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

I have also been made the same offer. After looking into this for quite sometime, I believe without any help from an external party ( Family member), it's going to be a bank loan option, which is more than likely going to incur high interest rates and substantial monthly payments. Considering for the 2 years period, if the PCDL and student loan can be exhausted, realistically I'm going to need about another 12k to do the course comfortably :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by djharrison
I have also been made the same offer. After looking into this for quite sometime, I believe without any help from an external party ( Family member), it's going to be a bank loan option, which is more than likely going to incur high interest rates and substantial monthly payments. Considering for the 2 years period, if the PCDL and student loan can be exhausted, realistically I'm going to need about another 12k to do the course comfortably :/

from what I have been told working and doing your masters is not possible so how do you pay a loan back before finishing and getting employment? surely there should be some help somewhere. You are just allowing people with a lot of money to be able to take the places not who would be the best candidate.
Physio is so competitive anyway to be offered a place and have to turn it down due to funding is a disgrace.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bfc4eva
from what I have been told working and doing your masters is not possible so how do you pay a loan back before finishing and getting employment? surely there should be some help somewhere. You are just allowing people with a lot of money to be able to take the places not who would be the best candidate.
Physio is so competitive anyway to be offered a place and have to turn it down due to funding is a disgrace.

I completely agree with you there! I'm going to set up a meeting with my bank to see whether there is some kind of realistic arrangement I could cope with. I really want to do the course. Where was your offer from?
Original post by Joeys23
Accepted my offer at Northumbria yesterday! Anyone else?

Hey! Also accepted my offer at Northumbria for MSc Physiotherapy :smile:
Reply 133
Is this for Sheffield Hallam? If so im in the same predicament! Although apparently there's this thing called a career and development loan (or something along the lines of that) you can get from the bank of up to 10 grand. Only problem is you'd have to pay interest like a month after you've finished the course regardless of whether you have a job or not...

Original post by bfc4eva
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hsihra
Is this for Sheffield Hallam? If so im in the same predicament! Although apparently there's this thing called a career and development loan (or something along the lines of that) you can get from the bank of up to 10 grand. Only problem is you'd have to pay interest like a month after you've finished the course regardless of whether you have a job or not...

yes the only trouble is even with career and development loan and postgraduate loan you still dont have enough for fees then you have living costs on top of that.
We need to start a sheffield Hallam group to see what everyone else is going to do.
Reply 135
True. I don't know why they think we can afford 28 grand haha but still, got to be found! I know it's not ideal but maybe try ask the bank for an overdraft for a couple extra grand? Luckily I've been working full time for the past year so have a bit extra that should help me out a bit. Might see if can handle a weekend job aswell...

Original post by bfc4eva
yes the only trouble is even with career and development loan and postgraduate loan you still dont have enough for fees then you have living costs on top of that.
We need to start a sheffield Hallam group to see what everyone else is going to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 136
Has anyone accepted an offer from MMU?!
Original post by ahk
Has anyone accepted an offer from MMU?!

When were offers sent out? I received an email from MMU yesterday saying the status of my application has been sent out to me by post, but I haven't received the letter yet. Also, is there a deadline date for confirming offers?
Reply 138
Original post by djharrison
When were offers sent out? I received an email from MMU yesterday saying the status of my application has been sent out to me by post, but I haven't received the letter yet. Also, is there a deadline date for confirming offers?

I have no idea about deadlines. I received a letter in the post on Saturday morning, so letters are probably still on their way to people
Reply 139
For anyone who has accepted a place at Sheffield Hallam I have made a facebook group with a few people I met at my selection day if you want to join. It's called MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) - Sheffield Hallam 16/17 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending