The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What is the LSE social life like?

I've got my offer from LSE but can't decide whether I want to go there because I've heard people say it is very cliquey with very little to offer on the social side e.g going out etc. Is this true?
Reply 1
"very little to offer on the social side e.g going out etc. Is this true?"

Wikipedia: "London (...) is the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom."

I don't really see your problem :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by elgregory
I've got my offer from LSE but can't decide whether I want to go there because I've heard people say it is very cliquey with very little to offer on the social side e.g going out etc. Is this true?

You are probably hearing all this from people who do not study at LSE.
Reply 3

My social life is brilliant, the only cliques form between East Asian students. All other nationalities are not cliquey go out ALL THE time, I love it.
It is what you make of it! I, and everyone I know, has a great social life. My biggest fear before coming here was that everyone would be boring and my social life would suck (thanks TSR), but I had never been more wrong in my life. I spent most of my first year drunk or hungover, had the best time of my life, still ended up with a 2:1 that year :smile:. I cannot speak for those who do not want their social life to consist of parties (obvs that's not all I do), but there are plenty of people here who don't go out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
do you think you can have a pretty decent social life (partying and such but not only idk going to bars etc) and aim at a first?
Original post by Ch98
do you think you can have a pretty decent social life (partying and such but not only idk going to bars etc) and aim at a first?

Absolutely. That's the aim of all LSE undergrads!

I'm having an amazing time. It depends on what hall you're in though. The catered halls tend to be friendlier with the exception of bankside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Which hall do you think is better for an overseas student (French) who doesn't know anyone? I mean like comfy but good as well on the social side.
How's life for students that commute
Original post by sellerofdreams
I'm having an amazing time. It depends on what hall you're in though. The catered halls tend to be friendlier with the exception of bankside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why not bankside?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending