The Student Room Group

What evidence do you need to send?

Got a question about what evidence to send to support your student finance application? Our experts are here to help.

Margaret has worked for the Student Loans Company for six years and has experience in Customer Services and assessing. Her main role is supporting the customer advisors in providing excellent customer service. This includes dealing with calls that escalate further, to ensure we provide a successful outcome when things have not gone as planned.

Nicole has two years' experience at the Student Loans Company, dealing with a number of different customer types and queries. She prides herself on her high level of customer service.

Lisa has worked for the Student Loans Company for two years, and deals with a number of different customer types. She provides a high level of customer service with the aim of finding a successful outcome for the customer.
(edited 8 years ago)
How can I find out what my son's maintenance loan will be for 2016-2017 academic year. This will be his 2nd year at university
Reply 2
Hello, I am resident in UK, originally from Lithuania. I have been working and paying taxes in London for the past 5 years. I hold an international baccalaureate in business. In September 2016 I am starting a foundation degree in 3d design. I would like to know if I am entitled for both tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?
Hi , so I wanted to ask what evidence will I need to send in to support my application for a maintenance loan if both my parents are not in employment? Thanks .
Original post by banffsprings
How can I find out what my son's maintenance loan will be for 2016-2017 academic year. This will be his 2nd year at university

Hello,

Applications for the 16/17 Academic Year are available from March 2016, your son would need to make an application to get his actual Maintenance Loan amount however there is a Student Finance Calculator, the link for this is below, which will give you an estimate of the funding available.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Thank you.
Original post by Meandering_Lava
Hi , so I wanted to ask what evidence will I need to send in to support my application for a maintenance loan if both my parents are not in employment? Thanks .

Hi there

I would advise that the evidence they can both send will be dependent on what they receive ie Benefits. We ask for any taxable income to be declared on their applications. If the income they have is non taxable we will not need any evidence. There are guidance notes for the PFF2 which your parents can refer to when completing their applications.

Many Thanks
Margaret
Reply 6
Hi

My mum is working with Step Change to help her get out of the financial difficulty she currently faces due to the divorce from my father. I was wondering if I would need to put this on my application and what evidence I would need to show it?
Reply 7
Original post by Student Money Week
Got a question about what evidence to send to support your student finance application? Our experts are here to help.

Margaret has worked for the Student Loans Company for six years and has experience in Customer Services and assessing. Her main role is supporting the customer advisors in providing excellent customer service. This includes dealing with calls that escalate further, to ensure we provide a successful outcome when things have not gone as planned.

Nicole has two years' experience at the Student Loans Company, dealing with a number of different customer types and queries. She prides herself on her high level of customer service.

Lisa has worked for the Student Loans Company for two years, and deals with a number of different customer types. She provides a high level of customer service with the aim of finding a successful outcome for the customer.

Hello, if I'm 20 when applying for the loan, is it still based from parents' earnings, as I'm still dependant on them, anyhow?
Original post by eglemike
Hello, I am resident in UK, originally from Lithuania. I have been working and paying taxes in London for the past 5 years. I hold an international baccalaureate in business. In September 2016 I am starting a foundation degree in 3d design. I would like to know if I am entitled for both tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

Hello,

If the degree that you hold from Lithuania is at the same level or higher then the funding you would receive is limited as you already hold a qualification.

If you were to contact NARIC they would convert your qualification that you received in Lithuania to what it would be here in the UK. This can be done before starting an application.

For further information on the funding that would be available to you contact our Student Finance England help line on 0300 100 0607.

Many Thanks

Nicole Johns
Original post by Save.Me
Hello, if I'm 20 when applying for the loan, is it still based from parents' earnings, as I'm still dependant on them, anyhow?

Hello,

If a student is under the age of 25 when assessing their student finance we would class them as dependent.

This means that we would use your parent/parent's financial details who lived in the house hold to assess what funding you would be entitled to.

The application's for 16/17 are due to be released in March 2016 and if you need any further information please contact our Student Finance England help line on 0300 100 0607.

Many Thanks

Nicole Johns
Original post by JesArm96
Hi

My mum is working with Step Change to help her get out of the financial difficulty she currently faces due to the divorce from my father. I was wondering if I would need to put this on my application and what evidence I would need to show it?

Hello,

For a sponsor application our guidelines are that we take full taxable income when assessing the Student's funding, we can't take outgoings in to account so all students are treated equally. If the income has dropped we can reassess on a Current Year Income basis using a Current Year Income form available on the gov.uk website.

Thank you.
Residency Evidence: All Residency Evidence that is requested for any type of student must be original copies.
We can only accept the evidence by post and can no longer accept any residency evidence via email to Student Finance England.
Marital Evidence: If your parents have separated and no longer living together, we will require evidence from your parent who will be supporting your application. The evidence can be from the following list:

Students/Sponsors from England, Wales and Northern Ireland can send:

Decree Nisi

Most recently dated Council tax bill showing 25% single person occupancy discount (SFE & SFW only)

Solicitors letter confirming separation

A Signed Affidavit - a sworn declaration they make in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. They typically make an Affidavit under oath and sign it and have it stamped by a Solicitor.

Statutory declaration - normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or can be drafted a a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Lisa Hughes
Hello,

For a sponsor application our guidelines are that we take full taxable income when assessing the Student's funding, we can't take outgoings in to account so all students are treated equally. If the income has dropped we can reassess on a Current Year Income basis using a Current Year Income form available on the gov.uk website.

Thank you.

Sorry, me again. What is a sponsor application?
Income hasn't dropped for my mum. The issue is she has very little to live on.
Thanks for all your questions!

If you need more information check out the evidence section of our student finance zone.

And remember we have a range of live webchats all this week so get your questions in!

Latest

Trending

Trending