The Student Room Group

Do I have any chances of getting a vacation scheme or LPC after I graduate?

*sorry, I meant training contract and not LPC in the title
I am currently a second year law student. My A-level results were A*BCC (including a C in law) and my results last year were not that great (55% average, meaning a 2:2). I can realistically expect them to be slightly higher this and next year (hopefully a not too bad 2:1) but that will still not be as good as it probably should be, considering my A-level results. All of the vacation schemes that I have seen so far require at least a 2:1 in year 1 and therefore I am doubting that, even if I manage to get a 2:1 this year, I will be able to enter the legal profession. I have recently joined a debate and advocacy society and I am certified in westlaw and lexis but that is about it for my extracurricular activities related to the subject matter.
Is there any hope for me? Is there a point in completing my law degree or should I start thinking about transferring to a different discipline (and I have to stress that there is nothing else that I would prefer to do instead)?
(edited 8 years ago)
I agree. You need to get your skates on and get out there. Do legally related voluntary work. Or other charity work something in a team.

Go to court. Go to the magistrates go to the crown go watch an employment tribunal.

Work very hard and make sure you get a 2.1

You can make this happen for yourself you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending