The Student Room Group

Should it repeat?

I chose my a levels in August 2015, I've now little time left until I do my AS tests. I took on 4 subjects and now want to drop to 3. One subject I want to continue with is my BTEC Sport studies which is double award so the equivalent of 2 a levels and I am doing one other straight a level. Now people are telling me not to drop the other subject and saying things about the sport like its a really bad thing? They say things about university's not accepting me first and the lack of courses and jobs I can get with this btec. I really don't know what to do should I repeat my AS in another school and do the subjects I wanted to do to begin with? I don't think I can stand to see my friends go off to uni without me it upsets me to think that I'll be stuck behind. Was my subject choice really that bad and what exactly is wrong with double award BTECS?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
Original post by educationprobs
Was my subject choice really that bad and what exactly is wrong with double award BTECS?

Do you really need to ask. What's your gut feeling?
There is nothing wrong with BTECS, they are designed specifically for employment however you can still go uni with them if you have a specific career in mind.

I do a BTEC, i choose that instead of A levels because of the route i want to go into.

If you know what you want out of life do a BTEC but if you are not sure, do A levels to keep your options wide open.

The ultimate decision is yours, speak to your parents, they should know.
Reply 4
pretty much every uni accepts BTEC Sport for Sport related courses, i know several people who go to Bath (2nd best for Sport in the UK) who did BTEC Sport also BTEC is much better for employability compared to A level, you shouldnt have any issues

Quick Reply

Latest