The Student Room Group

Spanish Translation help?

What is "I hoped we wouldn't stay in a hotel" in spanish? I've been trying for over an hour to translate this sentence but apparently my brain is no longer working and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Parvati Patil
What is "I hoped we wouldn't stay in a hotel" in spanish? I've been trying for over an hour to translate this sentence but apparently my brain is no longer working and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!

This translation is more difficult than it may appear because it employs the imperfect subjunctive which may not even be taught much at GCSE?

Here's the translation:

"Esperaba que no nos quedáramos en un hotel".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
This translation is more difficult than it may appear because it employs the imperfect subjunctive which they may not even be taught much at GCSE?

Here's the translation:

"Esperaba que no nos quedáramos en un hotel".

Thank you so much! And no, they haven't taught us much on the subject at all (but I do Spanish as an extra GCSE after school, so perhaps that's why I struggled so much).

Thanks again!
Original post by Parvati Patil
Thank you so much! And no, they haven't taught us much on the subject at all (but I do Spanish as an extra GCSE after school, so perhaps that's why I struggled so much).

Thanks again!

Even "present" tense subjunctive is bad enough, never mind imperfect subjunctive. I certainly know some A level students who would have failed to translate that sentence correctly. No worries :h:

Quick Reply

Latest