The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Lancaster or Sheffield university (Mechanical Engineering)

I've got all my university offers but I can't choose my firm choice, I was just wondering if anyone goes to any of these Uni's for their option on what it's like
Original post by CameronSmith08
I've got all my university offers but I can't choose my firm choice, I was just wondering if anyone goes to any of these Uni's for their option on what it's like

I don't do Engineering but I'm at Sheffield. Apparently we have one of the best Engineering departments in the country, which has been aided by the recent opening of the Diamond, a second designated Engineering building and library.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Sheffield wins hands down, better city for nightlife and things to do, better university for sheer number of societies and diversity, better engineering department. There's a reason why a quarter of the undergrads here are engineers, that ratio is probably even higher for postgrads because it's an engineering research powerhouse. That normally wouldn't be relevant for undergrads but we have a well established undergraduate research program which leads to quite a few people getting on to PhDs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending