The Student Room Group

How can I get over these irrational feelings of anxiety?

I'm falling extremely hard for this cute brunette on my course. I feel hot-blooded around her and it's almost as if, when I'm next to her, there's this force pulling me towards her.

I do get quite jittery too, but I suspect this are the nerves/anxiety I'm trying to alleviate.

I don't know how I'm supposed to get over these impediments though...

I want to ask her out, but I only really see her when her friends are about and I simply can't ask to speak with her alone :frown:

I hope that the occasion where she's on her own will come, because then I'd be quite happy and confident to ask her out...

I've seen enough signs of interest to believe that she likes me back, but of course if she declines I'll happily move on.
Sounds like you have a good plan! It can be hard to speak to a girl alone if she travels in a pack but don't let that put you off.

Great attitude to have - knowing if he isn't interested you'll move on. That's the sign of a decent guy imo!

If she is flirting from afar then next time she catches your eye wave her over!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm falling extremely hard for this cute brunette on my course. I feel hot-blooded around her and it's almost as if, when I'm next to her, there's this force pulling me towards her.

I do get quite jittery too, but I suspect this are the nerves/anxiety I'm trying to alleviate.

I don't know how I'm supposed to get over these impediments though...

I want to ask her out, but I only really see her when her friends are about and I simply can't ask to speak with her alone :frown:

I hope that the occasion where she's on her own will come, because then I'd be quite happy and confident to ask her out...

I've seen enough signs of interest to believe that she likes me back, but of course if she declines I'll happily move on.

Firstly, I'd like to say It's really good to hear how mature you are over this.. As like many I used to be like one of those people that were so awkward and anxious that I'd never make a move and feel down, ect.. So it's good you're willing to accept it may not work.

Secondly, what's wrong with asking to speak to her alone? Is there a time where she pops off by herself to make a drink or something? Some people are just always surrounded by friends, and there's nothing wrong with asking for a moment to speak to her or calling her over in a friendly way to chat and then saying how you feel.

You just need a time to feel right and natural. And please, whatever you do.
Do NOT over think it! - I've always been a 'what if' person, so getting the 'what if she doesn't like me' 'what if she laugh's and it always (used to) end up with me never actually talking to the girl, and being disappointed.

Just go straight into the situation and act on it. Of course, we can't take away your anxiety, but advise you.

Hope this helps!
There is no need to let this thing get on your nerves pal. Don't make life complicated. Even if she is with her friends all the time, have some courage and go to her directly and simply ask. Wait for some occasions when she will be alone, if you don't find that type of occasion then just imply ask her and get rid of this feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending