The Student Room Group

How to become famous at your University?

I was thinking, I am a first year university student and I want to make the most of my time here.
I don't want to be another student who attends a large university, meets some people in their flat, some in their course and graduates without doing anything major or noteworthy for the University community. In other words remain unnoticed.

Now I may seem like I am fame hungry, but think about all the possibilities.
Lets say you get yourself famous at your university which has like 25k students. Lots of people know you, you pass through the campus and dozens of people greet you. You've got so many opportunities such as where will you go tonight, special events etc. since everyone wants you at their party. If you're a male imagine how easily you can pull chicks that way.

In addition after graduation you will have so many contacts, lots of people from Uni will want to work with you.

Of course if you are famous at your university, out of 25k students there is no possible way of getting 10k 'close friends'. You'll get like several close friends, dozen of good friends, several hundred people you met at parties and such, and 15k of students who know who you are but you don't know who they are. Those 15k who know who you are differentiates you from other average students.

Also if you get yourself famous, you'll probably have some voice in University planning.
After graduating the next generations of students will be talking about you how you've done so much for the Uni etc. It would be pretty cool to become a legend.

Now I guess a way one can become popular is by doing something which will attract attention. First thing that comes to my mind is writing for the Uni newspaper or founding some new society.
Other things could include an incredible performance in studies or such, so they feature you in the newspaper or in your course journal. Of course such things must be consistent as not many people remember someone from seeing him/her once in some article.

What do you guys think about trying to become popular at your Uni?
What are the good ways to do it? Anyone already famous?
make a sex tape
Original post by NeoXx
I was thinking, I am a first year university student and I want to make the most of my time here.
I don't want to be another student who attends a large university, meets some people in their flat, some in their course and graduates without doing anything major or noteworthy for the University community. In other words remain unnoticed.

Now I may seem like I am fame hungry, but think about all the possibilities.
Lets say you get yourself famous at your university which has like 25k students. Lots of people know you, you pass through the campus and dozens of people greet you. You've got so many opportunities such as where will you go tonight, special events etc. since everyone wants you at their party. If you're a male imagine how easily you can pull chicks that way.

In addition after graduation you will have so many contacts, lots of people from Uni will want to work with you.

Of course if you are famous at your university, out of 25k students there is no possible way of getting 10k 'close friends'. You'll get like several close friends, dozen of good friends, several hundred people you met at parties and such, and 15k of students who know who you are but you don't know who they are. Those 15k who know who you are differentiates you from other average students.

Also if you get yourself famous, you'll probably have some voice in University planning.
After graduating the next generations of students will be talking about you how you've done so much for the Uni etc. It would be pretty cool to become a legend.

Now I guess a way one can become popular is by doing something which will attract attention. First thing that comes to my mind is writing for the Uni newspaper or founding some new society.
Other things could include an incredible performance in studies or such, so they feature you in the newspaper or in your course journal. Of course such things must be consistent as not many people remember someone from seeing him/her once in some article.

What do you guys think about trying to become popular at your Uni?
What are the good ways to do it? Anyone already famous?

Be a let's gamer like Pewdiepie and spread the word, then when you start getting noticed around uni, begin quoting 50 Shades of Grey. Occasionally looking at people whispering "I'm fifty shades of ****ed up" and "laters, baby" when you depart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending