The Student Room Group

Enjoying Architecture but...

I took A level maths and really enjoyed it and I do love drawing. I'm in my second year of architecture part 1 and I've come to realise now that I find it a lot more stressful drawing up an idea to fit others than it is to be "technical' and calculate things using equations (you know mathematical).
And it seems that engineering is more into this. I wouldn't mind studying both and getting a degree in both of them. There is also architectural engineer but I don't know much about them.
How should I go about this, because I really don't know?
Complete your degree first and foremost. Maybe in third year take your design down a route that will require more technical challenges? Also for your year out could try and get a job at a more engineering-focused practice, or any practice but ask if you can get exposure to the technical side of things, then for your Part 2 you could try and get into a school like Bath which has a focus on engineering.
Reply 2
Original post by Farchitect
Complete your degree first and foremost. Maybe in third year take your design down a route that will require more technical challenges? Also for your year out could try and get a job at a more engineering-focused practice, or any practice but ask if you can get exposure to the technical side of things, then for your Part 2 you could try and get into a school like Bath which has a focus on engineering.

Thanks you for answering. It really means a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending