The Student Room Group

I can't look at my face in the mirror

I have not looked at my face in the mirror for over a year. Is this normal? I just feel very ugly when I look at my face. I don't think I will ever find love.
You will never find love until you accept who you are.
Reply 2
There are good and bad mirrors, mind. While it's fine to not be keen on mirrors, it's also important to maintain a bit of faith in oneself, play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Love comes with effort and persistence.
I truly mean this when I say it:

Everyone is beautiful in their own way!
Trust me, there is someone out there who finds you beautiful just the way you are :smile:
You need to learn to love and accept yourself first :h:
go lift
look without glasses, you don't look as ugly when its blurry
Reply 6
Original post by matt1001
I have not looked at my face in the mirror for over a year. Is this normal? I just feel very ugly when I look at my face. I don't think I will ever find love.

May be worth chatting to a DR. Body image disorders are real and can affect peoples lives in a big way. A good Dr will be understanding and help you speak to someone who is an expert. Good luck.
Original post by Zarek
There are good and bad mirrors, mind. While it's fine to not be keen on mirrors, it's also important to maintain a bit of faith in oneself, play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Love comes with effort and persistence.

Good and bad mirrors :K:

And OP.. As a female I'd find it weird as I use the mirror daily to do my hair and cream my face lol to make sure I rub it all in.. But for guys :dontknow:
Reply 8
Put post-it notes on your mirror (If you can). At the back of them, write something you like about yourself. Then everyday, or every few days, take one off, one by one, until all of them are gone and there are none left. Take your time. :hugs:
Original post by aamirac
Put post-it notes on your mirror (If you can). At the back of them, write something you like about yourself. Then everyday, or every few days, take one off, one by one, until all of them are gone and there are none left. Take your time. :hugs:

I might do this with how many days left till exam.. That way I can get myself to revise in the holidays and not leave it last minute :lol:
Reply 10

I don't really have much confidence in my looks either, but I find that it helps to work on the things which I don't like about myself and this makes me feel a bit more happier about myself. For example, at the moment I am working on getting rid of my acne as this is the biggest cause of my low confidence.

You know that you deserve to be happy :smile:
Reply 11
I got alot of moles on my face and I hate them
Reply 12

relax ... it will be summer soon and your mood will change ...
I wish I was your age ...
Just find a mirror that's in a position with good lighting. I look hideous, except in one particular mirror, in which I look pretty damn hot. Then I just go around all day assuming that people look at me the way I look at myself in that one particular mirror.
I find I look much better when the light is very dim and I stand far away. This isn't a joke. It gives me a confidence boost to feel good about my reflection sometimes so I often leave the bathroom light off on a night because my face looks much less harsh then. Mirrors are awful because they tend to be in bathrooms which are super brightly lit and it shows up every flaw.

I also find that it helps to remind myself that it's very unlikely that my face is much worse than the faces I see every day. It's so easy to over analyse your own face because you can look at it really closely and it almost never matches up to how you think you should look. If you looked really closely at everyone in the street you'd see that their faces are imperfect too. We all have wonky noses and funny jaw lines and dodgy skin but when you see other people I bet you don't think 'woah, they're ugly' but 'okay, that's another regular person walking down this regular street'.
Original post by harmony_x
I truly mean this when I say it:

Everyone is beautiful in their own way!
Trust me, there is someone out there who finds you beautiful just the way you are :smile:
You need to learn to love and accept yourself first :h:

Even Hitler :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending