The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for maintenance loan as an EU student?

So I am an EU student from Poland who has been living in England since September 2007, I went to secondary school and finished college here. On the Student Finance website it says EU students do not get the maintenance loan, only the tuition loan. Am I eligible for the maintenance loan since I have been living here for over 8 years now?
Reply 1
Original post by GeraltofRivia19
So I am an EU student from Poland who has been living in England since September 2007, I went to secondary school and finished college here. On the Student Finance website it says EU students do not get the maintenance loan, only the tuition loan. Am I eligible for the maintenance loan since I have been living here for over 8 years now?

Eligibility is based on residence. As long as you have been in the UK for a minimum three years before your course starts and you didn't come to the UK only for education, then you will be assessed as a Home/UK student. You should get the Tuition Fee Loan and the Maintenance Loan.
Original post by Klix88
Eligibility is based on residence. As long as you have been in the UK for a minimum three years before your course starts and you didn't come to the UK only for education, then you will be assessed as a Home/UK student. You should get the Tuition Fee Loan and the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks
Original post by GeraltofRivia19

To add to what Klix has said you would need to provide evidence that you've been in the UK for the last 3 years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending