The Student Room Group

Milz's journey to greatness!

Scroll to see replies

Daaamn you even have pics... GL!
Original post by Milzime

yeeep, I love it though hahah and I'm weirdly good at the writing stuff etc. I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't got the drama scholarship at my school tbh :smile:

:tongue: My GCSE drama class was awful, no writing at all, just goofed around like a prat.

So you want to go into medicine?
I can't imagine doing something like that. Too much stress.
Reply 22
Original post by Milzime
:argh: I AM SO JEALOUSSS

we have writing reading listening and oral and it's so difficult :<

thanks, you too! :':wink:

It was such a breeze :P At least you'll be pretty proficient in the language whereas all I know is stuff like 你好吗?我很喜欢吃巧克力!
We had writing and oral too and the orals were not fun because my teachers spoke so fast and I'll be there like eh?
Reply 23
Good morning! I didn't really update yesterday because I thought I'd try and wake up at 6am therefore tried to go to sleep at about 6pm and holy lol IT WORKED
unfortunately, I didn't finish my English coursework
nor did I finish the Chinese sentences :'(

BUT I DID EVERYTHING ELSE which included writing a killer personal statement and doing my whole 6th from application :yy: (that took way longer than I'm proud of)

I won't be at home all day today, so goals will be smallllll and then I'll be back at school :cry: so the busy frenzy will start (must be in for 8am, lessons end at 5pm) plus a "given 3 hours of prep each night" which seems ridiculous considering I usually get home at about 7 :s-smilie: BUT ANYWAY!!! Today:

Finish Final draft of English Coursework

Send "

Read through the Chinese thingy

which seems doable I hope... haha oh dear we'll see :')
I find that a GCSE in a language only helps you understand the language; if you want to be fluent in the language you gotta speak it often:wink:
Reply 25
UPDATE

tfw you forget how all consuming school is :cry:
CHIN UP because I have got my countdown to my actual Chinese GCSE Oral = SEVEN DAYS

which is fun

in light of this, I have been doing frantic preparation (I'm not going to post my actual presentation because... that feels kind of ~dodgy~ somehow hahah) BUT I PROMISE I HAVE DONE LOTS!!

v pleased to have submitted my coursework ~before the deadline~ (a first I think) and this will have been the last coursework for English I'll have to do ever :u: :smug: :biggrin:

off to watch Better Call Saul (and sleep hahaha) UNTIL NEXT TIME
Well done with finishing the coursework on time :tongue:
Reply 27
Hi hello yes okay

I am very aware I've not been doing many entries, and I'm sorry, if you like I'll explain sort of why but warning it is, really, quite personal.

Spoiler

I want to do as well as he did, and as well as he believed I could do.

THEREFORE REVISION IS KEY

I cannot wallow, I've got to make everyone proud, and do this world a favour by putting all the amazing gifts and opportunities I've been given to good use which is exactly what my brother was going to do.

I may not be as great as he was, but I have to start somewhere.

Journey to greatness continues...
I am sorry to hear this :O
Original post by Milzime
x

Sorry for your loss. :frown:
Meh, I'd say it's even more reason to do your best :wink:
Reply 31
English Literaturehhhhhprobably only got an A, or worse, hopefully not..
English LanguagehhhhvA*
FSMQhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdefinitely not an A, possibly C, if the exam gods are kind, B.
FrenchhhhhhhhhhhhwwA*
ChinesehhhhhhhhhhhwfA, maybe A* (hopefully not a B, but for sure it's possible)
Dramahhhhhhhhhwzzzhprobably A*, depending on boundaries.. A could be likely too *shrug*
Historyhhhhhhhwzzhssspretty sure I got an A*
ChemistryhhwzzhssfffffffA* (like, please)
Biologyhhwzzhssffffffefffif it's not A* I'll be super sad (but, I mean, it's totally possible)
Physicshhhhhhhhhhhhsoh god. Who knows. Who cares.. ugh maybe maybe A* but most likely some kind of B? or A? who knows. Ew.

(STUFF ALREADY IN THIS BLOG)

Spoiler

It's weirdly exiting, waiting to see how badly I'll be disappointing people lol (no sarcasm, it's like waiting for a new season of a show: annoying, unpredictable, exiting even though once you finish it everything is over, and most probably all your fave characters are going to die, you still want to watch it af)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Mock Results, Predictions, and Results

Chemistry 67%yyyfyyAuuA*u[uA*

Biology 73% yyyy.yyyAuuA*u[uA*

Physics 83% uu==yii A*iiiA*u'''A*

French 88% s*,,,,,mii A*iiiA*uuA*

Chinese 65%eyeiiyyyBuuA '[''''A (pending remark since I'm 2 marks off A* :crossedf: )

History 73% yyyyyiiiiiiAuuA*u'''A*

Drama 91% m[=iiiiiii i A*iiiA*u'''A (pending remark)

FSMQ 88%yyyyuiiiiyiiAuuA`t''u'B (pending remark, again, 2 marks off dat A :boing: )

English Lit 80%yyyyyiAuuA*u'u'A*

English Lang 78%%iiiAuuA*[<<A*

Congratulations. Those are great results
Congrats :h: wel jel of those grades :lol: good luck with remarks as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Milzime
Mock Results, Predictions, and Results

Chemistry 67%yyyfyyAuuA*u[uA*

Biology 73% yyyy.yyyAuuA*u[uA*

Physics 83% uu==yii A*iiiA*u'''A*

French 88% s*,,,,,mii A*iiiA*uuA*

Chinese 65%eyeiiyyyBuuA '[''''A (pending remark since I'm 2 marks off A* :crossedf: )

History 73% yyyyyiiiiiiAuuA*u'''A*

Drama 91% m[=iiiiiii i A*iiiA*u'''A (pending remark)

FSMQ 88%yyyyuiiiiyiiAuuA`t''u'B (pending remark, again, 2 marks off dat A :boing: )

English Lit 80%yyyyyiAuuA*u'u'A*

English Lang 78%%iiiAuuA*[<<A*

Congratulations - You've done so well!! :biggrin:

Your revision pictures, especially the Chinese ones have been amazing and I love them!
Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss :frown:. But, don't let that stop you in anything. Remember, the way to make your brother proud would be to achieve excellent results and you've done that - they're excellent. Congratulations on your results. The next step is to really destroy those A-levels :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending