The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Sciences Po one year Master vs SOAS MSc International Politics

Hi all - I have been accepted for SOAS Msc In International Politics and the 1 year Master in International Security at Sciences Po. Do you guys have any thoughts or comments on these two institutions and degrees? I am not sure what I'd like to do after the Master (political risk analysis, NGO?) Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Hi, im in the exact same space as @Anastasiaw1 above.

Would anyone have any advice on choosing between Politics course in SOAS , Edinburgh , Durham? especially on the employability prospects and general worth of the SOAS MSc in 2018? I ultimately want to do a PhD and apply for Dphil at Oxford in Politics/Middle Eastern Studies after gaining more work experience after the MSc.

Any help would be appreciated. (Background : I have a 2:2 in Law (I had little interest to study the subject but was complied due to family reasons)I do however have a year of work experience working at a leading politics thinktank in South Asia and have numerous publications. Im afraid however my 2;2 will not allow me to secure a place in Edinburgh this year so i will stick to applying for SOAS for now)

Considering this, i wanted to raise my academic profile and work hard in my MSc now. Would a SOAS degree in politics help raise my academic profile or would it be better to opt for more work experience and then apply to better schools like LSE /Edinbrgh etc.

A big thanks in advance for anyone taking out the time to help! x
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending