The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ShadowStorm
Glad everyone thought it was a good paper.
I forgot to mention that I did behavioural & psychodynamic (psychodynamic for b) and behavioural for c) and d)).
My test was something about making a group watch trailers and a control group not, and asking their desire to see certain horror films, to test whether they are influenced by scenes in trailers.
*shrug* I'm fairly sure I went off the point in other questions, if the mark for an A is only 55/94 then I hope that means A city - somehow though, I fear the grade boundaries will be higher (everyone did well).

My test...

P's waited in a waiting room to watch 'Scream' - confederates walked out of a mockup cinema - the independent variables was the confederates saying "That movie is so scary" / "That movie is not scary at all" - P's then given option to leave the laboratory or carry on and watch the film.
Reply 41
I did the Schizophrenia question and I remembered all the research. Criticising comes naturally to me, which is why I got a high A on AS.

I then did Psychology as a Science. I'd written a practice essay for the 3 debates I studied before hand, (which is what I've done throughout ALL my psychology exams) and I regurgitated 5 pages of flawless information. The research/theories I included were Freud's Psychoanalysis, Eysenck's theory of Neuroiticism, Asch's study on conformity and some crap about the beliefs of social contructionists.

Those 2 essays went well.

The approaches was deranged though - I haven't had much practice with it, so just blagged some crap. I did the horror films.
I said that behavioural approach would say crowds heighten current mood, and stuff about reinforcement from friends.
I said that biological would say that physiological arousal occurs and gave examples (adrenaline, heart rate etc) and said that these effects are exacerbated in cinema conditions, because the dark/big screen/loud sound make the movie seem real. I said that the presence of other people keeps the individual more alert, further increasing physiological arousal.

I used the Biological approach to give strengths and limitations, and the experimental method I made up was about measuring physiological arousal during the film etc, in 1 of 4 sample groups. I said this was good because measuring physiological arousal is very objective, so the results would have been reliable etc etc.
Reply 42
lou p
weird, i did S2 this morning... there were 8 of us quarantined from my college. maybe it's upto your college which you do first?

lou xxx

Nope. I was the only one who HAD an S2/PYA5 clash.
Because initially, they wanted me to do S2 first, but then I went to the exams office to get it changed, and discovered I was the only one heh, so yeah, it was easily possible.
i thought it was ok- couldve gone worse, couldve gone better
the one on shizo was good
did the one on ethical issues too- had to be really careful not to write about all the guideleines. so wrote about issues such as deception, protection from physical and psychological harm and giving informed consent. then i put a little but about socially sensitive research and then said at the end that the bps had put in guidelines to deal with issues such as the ones i looked at. was that right?
none of books really distinguished clearly between the issues and the guidelines
approaches- did horror film- behavioural and biological- a was ok but stuffed the rest up and ran out of time!

Latest

Trending

Trending