The Student Room Group

Workout before school in the morning?

Hey guys I used to work out daily after school, but it made me too tired to revise. I am now thinking of working out 1 hour in the morning. I will probably have to wake up around 5-6 get my wo done by 7 and be out the door by 7:30.

Has anybody changed up their routine to workout in the morning? Also has this had a positive or negative effect on your school work, because now i can nap for 1 hour when I get home and get straight to work so it seems for productive and efficient for me, the only sacrifice being sleep.

Scroll to see replies

bump comeon revision cannot be the only thing you guys do
where the gym and fitness people at
Original post by MasterDebator
Hey guys I used to work out daily after school, but it made me too tired to revise. I am now thinking of working out 1 hour in the morning. I will probably have to wake up around 5-6 get my wo done by 7 and be out the door by 7:30.

Has anybody changed up their routine to workout in the morning? Also has this had a positive or negative effect on your school work, because now i can nap for 1 hour when I get home and get straight to work so it seems for productive and efficient for me, the only sacrifice being sleep.

If I was you I would just use the time waking up early to revise instead and then revise abit more after school. Then you should be able to go to gym after that, followed by a good nights rest.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SuperHuman98
If I was you I would just use the time waking up early to revise instead and then revise abit more after school. Then you should be able to go to gym after that, followed by a good nights rest.

Do you do that? Has your sacrifice of sleep made revison more effective for you?
Working out in the morning?

Step one: Get out of bed

Step two: Realize you got out of bed and you can still be in bed for some time

Step three: Get back into bed
Original post by Withengar
Working out in the morning?

Step one: Get out of bed

Step two: Realize you got out of bed and you can still be in bed for some time

Step three: Get back into bed

Mind over matter. All about discipline
Do you do that? Has your sacrifice of sleep made revison more effective for you?

I have revised in the morning in the past ,but I have never gone gym as early as 4am-8am.

try this:
Wake up at 5am start revision
go home revise until 6 then go gym
you will be tired and can choose to sleep between 8pm-10pm.
If you sleep at 10pm and wake up at 5am you wil get 7hours of sleep which is the most minimum.

But try to have good timing. Are you an a level or gcse student? If you are an a level student you may have 1 day where you finish 6th form/ college early. Try to structure your gym routine so you go on weekends +1 weekday?
I think its best todo it in the afternoon so you can rest later, maybe revise then work out, have a shower and sleep, but in the morning, you might lack energy for the rest of the day but if it works for you the carry on :smile:
Mind over matter. All about discipline

Indeed. But this only applies if you're doing something truly meaningful and important - like posting dank memes.
It really depends on you. I'm not much of a morning person, so if I got up early to workout I wouldn't have the best session and I'd be more tired during the day. That said I know for some people it gets them pumped for the day and are more productive after an early workout, I would say just give it a go for a little while and see if it works for you.
Original post by dean01234
It really depends on you. I'm not much of a morning person, so if I got up early to workout I wouldn't have the best session and I'd be more tired during the day. That said I know for some people it gets them pumped for the day and are more productive after an early workout, I would say just give it a go for a little while and see if it works for you.

When do you workout?
When do you workout?

I prefer afternoons but generally in the evening.
I would agree with what other people have been saying. Revise before school. Revise after. Workout then sleep. That would be my advice...
more advice or personal expereinces appreciated
more advice or personal expereinces appreciated

If i was you i would work out before school. I have tried working out at 8am and i felt more alert and sharper. I hate working out in the evening as there is too many people at the gym i go to so prefer early afternoon if i can't do morning.
Try it out and see how you feel.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Has a pp of Zyzz.. "obviously lifts"
Has a pp of Zyzz.. "obviously lifts"

Zyzz is :heart: , Zyzz is life. :u:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Zyzz is :heart: , Zyzz is life. :u:

Rare
Original post by yoda123

Rare

Yeah, where did you find that? :redface:

He looks a bit like Jeff seid in that photo.

Zyzz>all.

Quick Reply

Latest