The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
I would suspect so yeah- freshers week is where u will generally meet the friends who stay with with you till the end of the course( and some who don't) and generally settles you in. I think it would be harder settling in later on...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
luce20
I would suspect so yeah- freshers week is where u will generally meet the friends who stay with with you till the end of the course( and some who don't) and generally settles you in. I think it would be harder settling in later on...

what actually happens during freshers week? do you move into accomadation and get introduced to your course? what else...get pissed and meet people! is that all?
Reply 3
I think it's from the 20th September. From what i've been told you need to be there for a few days of it at least for registration and things.
:confused: Can someone explain freshers week for me?
Reply 5
Freshers week is bascially getting registered for everything, i.e course etc, meeting new friends, joining societies(if u want to), getting pissed with ur new friends( again ur choice) and just getting you used to uni life. All the activities that are laid out in freshers week are to help u settle in, not feel so lonely. You may be a bit nervous on the first day but u'll soon make friends!! :biggrin: enjoy it, im sure you will
Freshers week is from the 20th, and it is kinda a big deal if u miss it - its the time when u meet the most people at uni, and u don't have any work to do apart from the occasional hungover meeting about your course. its also the time when u start 2 get to know the people you're living with - u should really try not to miss it, although it won't be the end of the world if you dont, you'll catch up but you'll miss out on LOTS of fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending