The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
teachercol
It certainly is.
Any teacher who helps students in an exam or breaks exam security would face disciplinary action at the least and could lose their teacher registration so they'd never work in teaching again , at the most. And yes, teachers do this and get caught every year. The pressure to get good results makes folk do crazy things.

Well i thought that if you were given help in the practical then the teacher had to make a note of it and write it on the back of your paper, from this, OCR decides how many marks are deducted

..:: Sim ::..
Reply 61
_-Arctic-Monkey-_
if you look at the question it asked to take ln of (V/mV) or something along those lines....thats because the voltage (i.e the value of V) has the value and an associated unit namely mV so the mV's cancel and you're left with a pure number.

e.g. if you found your voltage as 200 mV (say) you can't do ln 200mV..so you do ln (200mV/mV) i.e. ln 200 :smile:

Crap..... i thought about doing that but couldnt figure it out, ive got a thing about logs ever since i failed AS maths i jus cant do them. surley it would be error carried forward if i did the graph & stuff correct........hopefully :P
Dj_Space
Well i thought that if you were given help in the practical then the teacher had to make a note of it and write it on the back of your paper, from this, OCR decides how many marks are deducted

You are allowed to help in the initial setup of equipment if a student gets it wrong. And thats it. You certainly arent allowed to tell students that they've written something wrong.
We're told that if you screw the set up wrong, the teacher or labtech will do it for you - but you will lose 2 marks.
Thats right. You have to report whether you helped students set up the equipment - minor or major help.

A teacher who who looks at what students write and tells them they've done something wrong is pretty unprofessional and can look forward to dismissal if it's proved.

In my opinion.
Reply 65
Dj_Space

I think thats what my teacher did with my mates and the logs question. Same thing happened with my AS practical.

Latest