The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Need accomodation advice

I am delighted to have been offered a place at Lancaster Uni, but I'm unsure where to stay in my first year? I've looked at them all and quite like the look of Grizedale but I could some advice from students who have stayed at Lancaster. Which have the best social aspects? Which are in the best locations? Thanks
Original post by hclu3
I am delighted to have been offered a place at Lancaster Uni, but I'm unsure where to stay in my first year? I've looked at them all and quite like the look of Grizedale but I could some advice from students who have stayed at Lancaster. Which have the best social aspects? Which are in the best locations? Thanks

Hey,

I am currently a first year student at Cartmel College.

To be fair, most of them are the same. I personally think Grizedale is the best college as I love the bar, they do donuts and cocktails :smile:. However, its the most applied to college, I put it as my firm college last year and did not get it :frown:.

Cartmel is great, we have a better view and we further away from all the noise. However, the walk to lectures is the longest of any college, about 5 - 15 minutes depending on where your lecture is at.

Its a good idea to decide which room type you want first before thinking about what college :P
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I think all the colleges are pretty similar to be honest. As the person above says, decide what type of accommodation you want, find out which colleges offer it and choose from there. I recommend Furness or Bowland personally because they are quite central and close to everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending