The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Financial implications/pros and cons of re-doing first year?

Okay so I joined uni last September and was lucky enough to get into my dream uni doing my dream course in fab halls- life was great! I got high 2:1s and found the work load fine during the first term however after Christmas I got awful health problems which in simple have been going on for just over 2 months now and have led to me being in and out of hospital, we are finally moving towards more tests to find out what's going on but again this is a constant game of waiting lists and appointments before we even get an awnser- if we get an awnser! So in simples I've missed this entire term and all the notes and work that come with it and my health issues have made it impossible to keep up. I've spoken to my personal tutor etc and one of my options is totally redoing my first year but the thought of this kind of terrifies me! Has anyone got any experiences of re-doing their first year (financial implications or just general feedback) both good and bad experiences as I'm struggling to make a descion on my own!
Thanks so much
Although I can't speak from experience I personally wouldn't worry about it financially.

An extra 9-17k on a debt that'll probably never be fully repaid anyway means very little IMO.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending