The Student Room Group

My parents spoil me so much

I don't work and quit frankly I'm so used to an easy life that I can't really be bothered to get a job.
I am 24 years old and my parents don't expect me to pay bills or anything. My dad gives me pocket monies every week, and my mum cleans everything my bedroom the house I feel like a lemon I'm so used to this life style and throughout my adult life I've been living in my bedroom playing games day and night.
I don't really know what it's like being an adult, I won't survive if I ever moved out I don't know how to cook, clean or anything.
Reply 1
bet ur mum was too posh to push as well
Say 'I need some responsibility' and at least start doing things around the house. Otherwise you're living with no sense of purpose and that can become quite sad. I sometimes think parents think they're doing their best by you if they're able to do jobs/provide money, but it can leave you feeling empty and having no knowledge of how to actually live life. All you can do is have an adult conversation and let them know how you're feeling.
You're legend, everyone wishes they had your life!

enjoy it!
Reply 4
Original post by Bill_Gates
You're legend, everyone wishes they had your life!

enjoy it!

Trust me it does get boring
Reply 5
Original post by mscaffrey
Say 'I need some responsibility' and at least start doing things around the house. Otherwise you're living with no sense of purpose and that can become quite sad. I sometimes think parents think they're doing their best by you if they're able to do jobs/provide money, but it can leave you feeling empty and having no knowledge of how to actually live life. All you can do is have an adult conversation and let them know how you're feeling.

I don't know how to cook at all I only can make a cup of tea that's all, I don't know how to clean my mum just does everything.
I don't have to worry about bills or other adult stuff, I don't know how to act like an adult at 24 years old I'm just a big kid.
My mum even wakes me up because I became so lazy and often never wake up before 1pm
Original post by SpoiltKid

I agree. I find your life pretty boring.

Don't you want to consider doing other things like finishing your education or getting a job you like?
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Don't you want to consider doing other things like finishing your education or getting a job you like?

Who would want to employ a 24 year old who has never had a job before.

Do you have any qualifications? If not go and get an education.

You can always do voluntary work. You have to start somewhere.

get a job volunteering

don't moan when it's easily in your power to change the situation, it isn't hard to cook and clean or to learn to do those things, and you can look for a job if you're bored... which to be honest I think you should be, I'm 24 and I can't imagine living like a child
"I don't know how to clean".... Seriously?

You're making excuses and you know it. If you're unhappy then change your behaviour. Don't expect anyone else to fix it or change it for you. It's not hard to do any of these things, you're just choosing not to every single day.
Do you have anything better to do than make stuff up on the internet?
You don’t sound spoilt at all, just lazy and a slob. It’s a mothers duty to do those things.

You should know how to cook at 24, being spoilt has nothing to do with it
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending