The Student Room Group

Dilemma! Film-making at Glasgow vs character animation at UAL?

Hey, everyone!

I’m new to this website and I’m in a bit of a dilemma trying to decide on a postgraduate course. I’m from Brazil and I’ve never studied in the UK, or spent more than a week there on holiday, but I’ve always wanted to live abroad for a while, and I have family living in London and my best friend is from England, so I will have some support there.

I got an offer to study MA Character Animation at UAL Central Saint Martins and Film-making and Media Arts at the University of Glasgow and I’m not sure which one to go for. Does anyone know about those two courses? I have a background in video editing and film, so Film-making at Glasgow would be an extension of what I have been doing, and I believe the University of Glasgow has more reputation (?? I could be wrong, I don't know), however I have always wanted to work with animation.

Has anyone taken the UAL character animation course and could tell me if it’s good? Especially for someone new to animation?

Thank you so much!

Diana
Original post by di_br
Hey, everyone!

I’m new to this website and I’m in a bit of a dilemma trying to decide on a postgraduate course. I’m from Brazil and I’ve never studied in the UK, or spent more than a week there on holiday, but I’ve always wanted to live abroad for a while, and I have family living in London and my best friend is from England, so I will have some support there.

I got an offer to study MA Character Animation at UAL Central Saint Martins and Film-making and Media Arts at the University of Glasgow and I’m not sure which one to go for. Does anyone know about those two courses? I have a background in video editing and film, so Film-making at Glasgow would be an extension of what I have been doing, and I believe the University of Glasgow has more reputation (?? I could be wrong, I don't know), however I have always wanted to work with animation.

Has anyone taken the UAL character animation course and could tell me if it’s good? Especially for someone new to animation?

Thank you so much!

Diana

Come to glasgow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending