The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances of getting into LSE Accounting & Finance

Hi all, I'm planning on applying to study A&F at LSE next cycle and I'm asking this so that I can sort of gauge my chances when applying for this course at LSE.

I did the IB Exam and ended up with a score of 38 points (HL: 7 Geog, 6 Econs, 5 Math, SL: 7 Physics, 7 Language, 5 English). I realise that the minimum requirements on the website put 38 points with 666 at HL, but with me receiving 765 in HL(esp. in hl math?), I'm not entirely sure where I stand.

Does anyone that is applying to/has applied to LSE A&F before know my chances of being accepted/rejected? Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by brendantys
X!

The 2016 LSE offerholders guide states the following(available online)

International Baccalaureate example:You are asked to obtain 38 points and6,6,6 at Higher Level in the InternationalBaccalaureate and you achieve 42points and 7,6,5 at Higher Level.Like the A level example above, achieving ahigher grade in one subject will not compensatefor a lower grade in a different subject and youwill be deemed to have marginally failed to meetthe conditions of your offer.

If it is possible to resit in IB you could apply otherwise it is likely your application would be rejected after 2 weeks or you could consider another course.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by brendantys
Hi all, I'm planning on applying to study A&F at LSE next cycle and I'm asking this so that I can sort of gauge my chances when applying for this course at LSE.

I did the IB Exam and ended up with a score of 38 points (HL: 7 Geog, 6 Econs, 5 Math, SL: 7 Physics, 7 Language, 5 English). I realise that the minimum requirements on the website put 38 points with 666 at HL, but with me receiving 765 in HL(esp. in hl math?), I'm not entirely sure where I stand.

Does anyone that is applying to/has applied to LSE A&F before know my chances of being accepted/rejected? Thanks for your help!

I'd say your chances are 1/50 on average.

Regards :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending