The Student Room Group

Is there anyway to get funding for a second degree?

There has to be right?
Original post by Kutvh
There has to be right?

Only those supported by NHS funding, afaik.
I think as well as the above, they did mention the possibility of STEM. But I've not heard much about that.

In general, the answer is no, sorry.
Reply 3
The NHS funding will stop next year so it won't help me. It's such a shame as I really want to study and I have so much willingness and time to learn. I love it. Well I think I might just learn anyway and study it myself it would have been good to got a degree though.
Original post by Kutvh
The NHS funding will stop next year so it won't help me. It's such a shame as I really want to study and I have so much willingness and time to learn. I love it. Well I think I might just learn anyway and study it myself it would have been good to got a degree though.

Have you considered the OU? You would still need to pay but the flexibility is intended for people who have a part-time or full-time job around their studies.
Hello!

Wow, most students want to get out into the working world, and you'd like to spend another three or four years doing a further undergraduate course? Wish I had the same patience and perseverance you have!

Unfortunately, this is considered to be an equivalent level qualification (ELQ) and that means that there is, provided your not doing what's termed an 'exempt' course. I'm sure an SFE worker will jump on this thread to fill the gaps and let you know the exempt courses, but off the top of my head:Architecture, and if the course is a NHS funded course, then you can still apply for a reduced rate of maintenance loan, even if you've gained a qualification already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending