The Student Room Group

5 ft 10 and 13 stone fat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
really you don't say? 16 stone doesn't equal 4 stone? wow.

that doesn't even make any sense, where are you getting this? why does size 16 mean minimum 14 stone?

Fine, like whatever you like. I don't mind in the slightest what you like. My issue is that nothing you say makes any sort of logical sense.

And that's why you understand it all?
Original post by GreekTea
And that's why you understand it all?

Unclear what you're on about.
That is just under 83kg.

I'm 5'10 and usually 73-75kg.

I reckon you are either a bigger build or slightly overweight.

:wink:
@GreekTea you're spouting nonsense. @SophieSmall and @Greg Jackson are right to contest what you're saying. Stop acting like you know everything and actually think for once.

For the record, I'm 6'2" and 11 stone. If I hit 16 stone I'd be seriously concerned for my health.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
@GreekTea you're spouting nonsense. @SophieSmall and @Greg Jackson are right to contest what you're saying. Stop acting like you know everything and actually think for once.

Careful now, change is difficult.

:lol: :five:
:toofunny:
Original post by Alexion

For the record, I'm 6'2" and 11 stone. If I hit 16 stone I'd be seriously concerned for my health.

I'm spouting nonsense for thinking people should be happy in their own skin, for trying to give this poor guy some confidence and for thinking overweight people have just as much worth and attractiveness as anybody else. That's my ability to think freely and my right to have an opinion. This is a student website for adults, yet everybody on here is acting like a child, being petty, trolling and twisting things.

I am in my right to state that i think a size 16 has the potential to be as attractive as any other size, i think 16 stone has the potential to be as attractive as any other size. If i could gain 7 stone to be this size i would do because that's my opinion.

Because i don't find chubby people repulsive i'm wrong?- Intellectually challenged? ......

You can all witter and moan as much as you like, that is my opinion and you can't take that away from me. By all means, say you disagree. Be petty. Don't tell me i'm wrong, i'ts my opinion to have.

What is the difference in you saying ; "For the record, I'm 6'2" and 11 stone. If I hit 16 stone I'd be seriously concerned for my health"

and me saying (I'm not going to start this with 'for the record... because i'm an adult not a ten year old)

I'm 5ft 8 and 9 stone and i would be utterly humiliated if i was less than 8 stone and i would be would be seriously concerned for my health. You all sit their and say how disgusting being overweight is, the minute anybody says anything bad about being underweight all hell breaks loose.

"Stop acting like you know everything and actually think for once?"

Having an opinion isn't the same as thinking you know everything.

Well the last time i had a thought on this thread all hell broke loose. You can all give but you can't take.

Take your own advice and agree to disagree.
ITT GreekTea reading things that aren't there, saying we're all fat shaming and find chubby disgusting yet clearly has a problem themselves with skinny people "I'd be humiliated to be under 8 stone". Says over and over again how concerned for health they'd be over themselves or someone else under 8 stone yet completely ignores the health concerns of obesity...clearly doesn't see the sheer double standard and irony.

But it's okay because "it's just my opinion" and "I'm not 10".

At OP I'm sorry your thread got derailed by this sheer lunacy, if you have any further questions about your weight or how you can achieve your goals whatever they may be feel free to message me. You can be rest assured my advice will at least make sense and I won't spout nonsensical "facts".
(edited 8 years ago)
13.5 at 6'3, it's clearly a little chubby.
As already mentioned, it's slightly overweight. So either you are a little larger than average or you have a fair amount of muscle.

Either way, if you feel slightly unhappy or concerned then you should try and lose some :smile: 9lb is not a lot to lose in contrast to what other overweight people have to.

Best of luck if you decide to.

Like how only people whom you like can post certain kinds of content...lol.
I would say weight to height ratio is a rather poor indicator... of anything really... if you don't fit into its specific rules.
If you fit a normal body type and don't do a great deal of physical activity, it may be reflective of being overweight and unhealthy. Not to say being fat means that you aren't very healthy, but generally it indicates may be the case.
Completely throws it out of the window if you do exercise and feel fit and have good muscle mass, or differ from 'normal' in bone structure (e.g. are very mesomorphic, large shoulders and hips etc.; wide structure).
Reply 33
Big difference between size 16 and 16 stone!
Reply 34
Original post by GreekTea
Where did you pull 99.9% of women? the average woman is 5ft5.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-30960-body-shape.htm?StartAt=26#.Vu2UGeKLTIU

If this woman, at 5ft5 and a size 16 looks obese to you- you need your head testing.

Yeah that women is size 16 weighing 160 lbs which is 11 stone not 16 stone any women that weighs 16 stone would more than likely to be obese!!
while reading through page 1 of this forum, I was questioning my sanity over and over again.
Well im 5f 10 was 17st11 now 12st in 5 months 😁
Original post by Coolisbelieveing
I'm a guy.

Yes

SOURCE: I used to be 5"10 and 13 stone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending