The Student Room Group

my mom called me fat???

okay so im 13 years old and my mom is pretty nice, but she often gets very stressed because of her job and tends to yell a lot. today she was yelling at me to do the laundry (which i already did) and as i was gonna tell her, she started berating me about being fat and an obese cow, and kept saying that my butt was huge, and i needed to exercise. she has said stuff like this to me a lot, starting from when i was 9 and started puberty. actually no, i remember her starting when i was 6 and she said to her friends that i would be prettier if i lost weight. i know she probably meant well, but it was really hurtful because i hate the way i look and my weight. but today i just couldnt take it i went to my room to cry, then got up to exercise, then cried again. i know im probably overreacting, but i just wanted yalls opinion. i am 5 ft 3 and 119 american pounds, is my mom right about me being a cow?
no your mum is wrong obviously, you are a normal weight and below the middle mark of what counts as healthy weight in terms of bmi. I'm sorry your mum says that stuff. is your mum very skinny or something?
Reply 2
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
no your mum is wrong obviously, you are a normal weight and below the middle mark of what counts as healthy weight in terms of bmi. I'm sorry your mum says that stuff. is your mum very skinny or something?

no she is 5’2 and weighs like a few pounds more than me so she’s pretty average.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending