The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

UoL External LSE Graduate Diploma in Finance - any experience with this?

Aloha.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the GDips offered through UoL's distance learning platform (particularly Finance)? Namely, was it a worthwhile addition to your CV?

I'm under no illusions with regards to it being a distance learning course - of course it doesn't offer the same pedigree as internal degrees, and of course it's much easier to get on to the program - but I'm seriously considering it purely on the basis of giving myself a better understanding of finance and their structure looking particularly appealing.

I'm currently in year 3 of a 4 year undergraduate Business and Management honours degree already. I could get on to the GDip via my HND (gained before University) and would be ideally looking to complete it alongside my final year at university. My course lacks a finance element right now though (with finance being one area I want to explore upon graduation). Understandably, I want to make myself as employable as I can for when it comes job time too.

I'm not concerned about the money, or the workload (I time manage well), I'm more concerned about wasting my time. I wonder if this will make me more attractive to recruiters for finance related jobs (I imagine it would), and if anyone has had any experience job hunting with one?

Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks.

EDIT: UoL International (formally External)
(edited 8 years ago)
Not exactly the same thing but a similar course has been discussed here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2370093

hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending