The Student Room Group

Greatest lifting achievement

Scroll to see replies

First time I put the tape measure around my arm and it measured 17" :smile: 16 to 17 was a bit of a long road.
75kg OHP

Deadlifting 4 plates for reps was cool too but loads of people have done it

Posted from TSR Mobile
140kg bench. Not powerlifting style either loool aka arched back and an inch of movement,
140kg Front Squat or hitting the QT for British U20s last summer.

4 plate DL and 3 plate squat were a bit hollow - lots of people I know IRL got there very quickly, and the Squat took me a good 20 months or so, and I didn't get the deadlift until more than a year after that.
But in terms of people I actually know personally, I can count the number of people FSing 3 plates on my hands.
Even though it's probably not an achievement to most, definately my CGBP 100kg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
My all time PB bench is my most impressive number, as a percent of BW I could probably still about equal it, but I'm more proud of the perseverance it took me to be able to deadlift and to now be making (unremarkable) progress. My spine is pretty dodgy and I said I gave up on ever deadlifting again several times but for the most part I kept trying to get better. I had to give up on back squatting and convention deadlift, I kind of had to accept the reality of that, but I think I've got to a point now where my back is as healthy as it can possibly be
50 hammer curls. The burn was real.

:lol:
@NathanDYEL

Strong lifts but man your deadlift form on that 245kg was crazy, my back blew out just watching that.

Quick Reply

Latest