The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

is it possible to get into uni of Edinburgh with ABB predicted grades?

hey all, I am about to apply for Spanish and French degree and the one uni to which I want to go to the most is university of Edinburgh. The entry requirement is AAA however my predicted grade is ABB, I know that my grade is below the required entry requirement but the course I want to do is generally less competitive than some other courses and I am full intending to get the AAA or more in my A level exams themselves. it is my dream uni and I would really love to apply for it as my aspirational choice but is it in anyway possible I could get in?
(edited 5 months ago)
Unfortunately, entry requirements are usually a yes/no factor, if you don't meet them, you likely won't get an offer. Have you tried bumping up your predicted grades? Talk to your teachers about how UCAS predictions are suypposed to be aspirational and help you achieve your goals, and that now you're deprived of getting into your top choice. I say apply either way, but don't get your hopes up, must be so frustrating but unfortunately that's just how it is.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Ellaaa12345
hey all, I am about to apply for Spanish and French degree and the one uni to which I want to go to the most is university of Edinburgh. The entry requirement is AAA however my predicted grade is ABB, I know that my grade is below the required entry requirement but the course I want to do is generally less competitive than some other courses and I am full intending to get the AAA or more in my A level exams themselves. it is my dream uni and I would really love to apply for it as my aspirational choice but is it in anyway possible I could get in?

Yes! It is definitely possible. My offer last year from Edi was ABB for English Lit and History. Just make sure your personal statement is great as well 🙂 lots of super curriculars!
Original post by Ellaaa12345

oh it is absolutely possible, your predicted grades match the minimum entry requirements for most courses and they do hand it out at the humanities college as I got the minimum offer from a business course, however your personal statement may need to do heavy lifting or you have extenuating circumstance
Yes, make sure you have a strong PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending