The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

I vary tbh but I'd never wash it everyday, I had my haircut like Tuesday so that's 2 days but I found some product I had lost and I'm tempted to use it which would required washing.

But anyways how often do you wash your hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I used to wash my hair every second day but ever since I bleached it, I only wash it once or twice a week now.
To maintain my waves, hold the natural moisture and avoid frizzy hair, I have to wash my hair once or twice a week at most.

Gotta keep them curls intact.:tongue:
Reply 3
I can stretch washes up to a week now without my hair getting greasy, sometimes with scalp washes in between.
What type of product are you thinking of applying? Not all product needs to be washed out straight away e.g hair serum and hair cream is fine to keep in your hair. Gel and spray make your hair stiff and greasy after a while so you would need to wash those out by the end of the day.
every 2-3 days, only condition it once a week really.
Every day.
Once every third month.
Reply 7
2/3 times a week. If I washed it anymore than that, my hair would be like straw
Once sometimes twice a week
3/4 times a week
but body shower everyday :smile:
I usually wash it every day, but sometimes I skip a day here and there if I'm feeling lazy :smile:
I have curly hair so I like to wash it with conditioner rather than shampoo. I claify my hair with baking soda instead because it cleans my hair without stripping my natural oils.
Original post by claireestelle
every 2-3 days, only condition it once a week really.

Same, but I put something in it if I'm partying or for something special. It's thick and dark, so it kind of has its own gloss and I just have to 'freshen' it a little most times. I think a lot of peeps wash too frequently.
Original post by loveleest
I have curly hair so I like to wash it with conditioner rather than shampoo. I claify my hair with baking soda instead because it cleans my hair without stripping my natural oils.

Yeah I find some hair types are less oily and require less washing, do you not use shampoo at all though?
Twice a week.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Same, but I put something in it if I'm partying or for something special. It's thick and dark, so it kind of has its own gloss and I just have to 'freshen' it a little most times. I think a lot of peeps wash too frequently.

My hair starts to get dry if i wash it anymore than that so i agree sometimes people wash it more than they need to.
Two/ three times a week
Original post by Dinasaurus
Yeah I find some hair types are less oily and require less washing, do you not use shampoo at all though?

I rarely use shampoo tbh, my hair works better without it. I might use it like once a month.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
I wash my hair every other day as it gets greasy pretty quick, tbh I'd like to leave it longer but just nope :tongue:
Normally twice a week.

Quick Reply

Latest