The Student Room Group

Crazy fast heartrate and struggling to catch breath

When I was at my doctor's a couple of weeks ago my heartrate was 131 bpm. All I'd done was drive there, sit about for a little while and then walked a few meters - so nothing that would explain it being so high. I had a neurology appointment (for migraines) last week and it was 128 bpm. I also get episodes where I have to breathe really deeply a few times because it feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen.

My doctor got me to wear a holter monitor (records heart for 24 hours) and said it would take 2 weeks to get the result. I'm a few days from 2 weeks and I've scared myself silly googling these symptoms and reading all the awful things it can be. :colondollar:

Can anyone reassure me that I'm not going to die or need a heart transplant or bypass or other scary things? Is there a simple explanation that might explain this?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying! :smile:
Don't worry about it, I've been having a horrible feeling in my chest and near my heart for a couple of weeks, I also keep taking IN deep breaths, I feel like it's because I've been sleeping so little lately.

You won't die XD Just stay positive and go to the doctor to see whats going on, I need to make an appointment too.
you guys might just need to take it easy on the coffee

Quick Reply

Latest