The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University: Bursary for studying full-time?

I'm currently doing an HND in psychology; but next course, I want to do an Honours degree full time, because I'm twenty two and time's marching on! However, I wonder if I'd be able to get a bursary to help support my study? It would help immensely, because I want to completely focus on my course and get the best results possible.

I know there's no options at part time, but I'm really really really hoping there's something to help full-timers!
Original post by Ashfire45
I'm currently doing an HND in psychology; but next course, I want to do an Honours degree full time, because I'm twenty two and time's marching on! However, I wonder if I'd be able to get a bursary to help support my study? It would help immensely, because I want to completely focus on my course and get the best results possible.

I know there's no options at part time, but I'm really really really hoping there's something to help full-timers!

It's OU, so no matter the rate of study it's always considered part time. I don't think there's even the bursaries of old now the modules are SFE funded. I used to get £265 a year from them before that. From 2017 there may be some support available to part time students, but this is yet to be formalised.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Ashfire45

See page 8
http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/6721/sfe_how_you_are_assessed_guide_1617_d.pdf

Unless you're distance learning because of disability then even full time you're only eligible for a tuition fee loan.

It's worth checking on https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants whether there are any grants or similar that you can apply for to help cover your costs.

Quick Reply

Latest