The Student Room Group

Exceptional circumstances and mental health

My anxiety has recently gotten severely worse, panic attacks, dizziness, vomitting, insomnia etc. I havent told the uni previously about it because it wasnt that bad. I have an exam on this week and feel I cant go. I dont know how to explain on the form whats wrong without sounding lazy or like an excuse. Theres also nothing specific thats made my anxiety worse it just did.

anyone got any advice on filling out theses forms. I feel like i shouldnt have said anything and just missed it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My anxiety has recently gotten severely worse, panic attacks, dizziness, vomitting, insomnia etc. I havent told the uni previously about it because it wasnt that bad. I have an exam on this week and feel I cant go. I dont know how to explain on the form whats wrong without sounding lazy or like an excuse. Theres also nothing specific thats made my anxiety worse it just did.

anyone got any advice on filling out theses forms. I feel like i shouldnt have said anything and just missed it.

Talk to your student support and ask for their help. They will help you with the process. MH problems are something you can get extra time/ extenuatind circumstances for. You may need a doctors note or other evidence. I'd also suggest you talk to your support service about DSA. It can include the occasional check up with a support worker who can make sure work is going okay and it can also help in this sort of situation as a bit of evidence.
I applied for MH issues and got a few allowances for being late to lectures and other helpful things. It's worth looking into.

Quick Reply

Latest