The Student Room Group

Do i have to go to my insurance choice

I have my heart set on going to nottingham university, before i visited i really liked liverpool ( which also had lower grades so it seemed a sensible insurance) however, if i fail to get in to nottingham i would rather go through clearing as i no longer have an interest in going to liverpool.
1) do i have i take my insurance choice? If not who do i inform, and when is the best time to do this.
2) once youre in clearing, can you try to get a course in the uni that rejected you? Do you know any cases where people have rung up clearing and got a place with the uni for a different course?

Sorry these may seem like stupid questions but im new to all of this, i also hear a lot of different responses
Original post by Treacle103
I have my heart set on going to nottingham university, before i visited i really liked liverpool ( which also had lower grades so it seemed a sensible insurance) however, if i fail to get in to nottingham i would rather go through clearing as i no longer have an interest in going to liverpool.
1) do i have i take my insurance choice? If not who do i inform, and when is the best time to do this.
2) once youre in clearing, can you try to get a course in the uni that rejected you? Do you know any cases where people have rung up clearing and got a place with the uni for a different course?

Sorry these may seem like stupid questions but im new to all of this, i also hear a lot of different responses

1) No, you don't. Ucas. Now.
2) You might be successful if it's a different course entirely and you have the qualifications for it. You won't be for the same course at the same university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending