Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Crazy Little Thing Called "5S2"

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

This is my entry for the writing competition and I hope it's not too late! Wrote this just now while on my flight back home and I dedicate this to my class haha

Mention my class, "5S2" to the teachers in my school and they will instantly launch into a tirade of colourful profanities and enumerate the number of sins myclass was collectively responsible for. My class, despite having the least amount of students for the whole form, is notorious for being the most active and rowdy lot, much to the despair of our form teacher Ms. Shamala. She said, in her strange accent, that we are a bunch of uncultured brats. Perhaps she got a point there, for I admit we can be quite mischievous sometimes.

At the top of the list of misbehaving brats we have Joshua Lim, or Josh for short. Josh is, without a doubt, the most playful and hyperactive teenager I ever met. Despite having the outlook of a goody two-shoes, his personality is the complete opposite: loud, unruly, boisterous, annoying and such.

Josh is always on the lookout for vulnerable classmates as his target. A fine example for such case would be skinny little Sivakumar. Sivakumar, or Siva to his friends,is one of the late developers. He still has the body of a pre-adolescent boy and is the smallest in our class. Often times I can hear him uttering a weak cry whenever Josh suddenly sits down on Siva's lap. However, Josh will always receive a clout on the head and sometimes a slight punch in the gut from Alex who sits next to Siva.

No one messes with Alexandra Sophie.Often know by her alter-ego, Alex, she is tall and big in size, her raven-black hair resting on her shoulders, her cold-steely eyes giving a venomous stare at anyone who has the audacity to cross her path. The vast difference in size between Siva and Alex seems to work pretty well as Siva gets protection from Alex while she gets to exercise her muscles whenever Siva is threatened. A strange kind of symbiosis, I would say.

Next on the list we have Brandy Yeoh whom I swear must be a missing member from The Real. The word "outspoken" is an absolute understatement when it comes to describing Brandy. She loves to talk (read: gossip), and whenever she gets excited about something, which is not uncommon, words literally come out from her mouth like the staccato chatter of a machine-gun at a speed that would put any M15 to shame. When that happens, no really pays attention to what she is saying as everyone will be busy shielding their faces from the spray of her high speed saliva.

Nevertheless, suffice it to say that we get along fine with one another as a class, though there is the normal academic rivalry. Live after 5S2 sounds frightening but I guess we will someday split up and go on with our own path. Till then, I am going to enjoy this final year of school with them as much as possible.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2016
TSR Support Team
What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.