The Student Room Group

Crazy Little Thing Called "5S2"

This is my entry for the writing competition and I hope it's not too late! Wrote this just now while on my flight back home and I dedicate this to my class haha

Mention my class, "5S2" to the teachers in my school and they will instantly launch into a tirade of colourful profanities and enumerate the number of sins myclass was collectively responsible for. My class, despite having the least amount of students for the whole form, is notorious for being the most active and rowdy lot, much to the despair of our form teacher Ms. Shamala. She said, in her strange accent, that we are a bunch of uncultured brats. Perhaps she got a point there, for I admit we can be quite mischievous sometimes.

At the top of the list of misbehaving brats we have Joshua Lim, or Josh for short. Josh is, without a doubt, the most playful and hyperactive teenager I ever met. Despite having the outlook of a goody two-shoes, his personality is the complete opposite: loud, unruly, boisterous, annoying and such.

Josh is always on the lookout for vulnerable classmates as his target. A fine example for such case would be skinny little Sivakumar. Sivakumar, or Siva to his friends,is one of the late developers. He still has the body of a pre-adolescent boy and is the smallest in our class. Often times I can hear him uttering a weak cry whenever Josh suddenly sits down on Siva's lap. However, Josh will always receive a clout on the head and sometimes a slight punch in the gut from Alex who sits next to Siva.

No one messes with Alexandra Sophie.Often know by her alter-ego, Alex, she is tall and big in size, her raven-black hair resting on her shoulders, her cold-steely eyes giving a venomous stare at anyone who has the audacity to cross her path. The vast difference in size between Siva and Alex seems to work pretty well as Siva gets protection from Alex while she gets to exercise her muscles whenever Siva is threatened. A strange kind of symbiosis, I would say.

Next on the list we have Brandy Yeoh whom I swear must be a missing member from The Real. The word "outspoken" is an absolute understatement when it comes to describing Brandy. She loves to talk (read: gossip), and whenever she gets excited about something, which is not uncommon, words literally come out from her mouth like the staccato chatter of a machine-gun at a speed that would put any M15 to shame. When that happens, no really pays attention to what she is saying as everyone will be busy shielding their faces from the spray of her high speed saliva.

Nevertheless, suffice it to say that we get along fine with one another as a class, though there is the normal academic rivalry. Live after 5S2 sounds frightening but I guess we will someday split up and go on with our own path. Till then, I am going to enjoy this final year of school with them as much as possible.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending