The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing prospects

I'm struggling between deciding on a course of politics and international relations, or mental health nursing. Two polar opposites, I know. Both interest me but I have no idea what prospects either offer.

What can I expect from mental health nursing (at a Russell group university)?:smile:
Original post by WanderingWindow
I'm struggling between deciding on a course of politics and international relations, or mental health nursing. Two polar opposites, I know. Both interest me but I have no idea what prospects either offer.

What can I expect from mental health nursing (at a Russell group university)?:smile:

Doing nursing anywhere is worthwhile. There are a multitude of areas you can work as a qualified nurse and you can also go into teaching as many do from nursing too.
It doesn't matter about attending a Russel group uni at all. To be a nurse you need to pass all aspects of the course and then enter the register. You still have to meet nmc requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd go for mental health nursing! (But then again I am biased because that's my interest haha) So interesting and rewarding. You'll really be helping people :smile: I'm working in a hospital for mental health and it's challenging but I'm really loving it at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending