The Student Room Group

Messed up interview

Can anyone help? I had my interview yesterday for Msc nursing (adult) at UCLAN. The problem is I was so nervous in my interview I couldn't even speak, I swear I stuttered every answer and didn't say half of what I needed to say, I always stutter when under pressure but don't see it as a disability. I know I'm going to get rejected as the interviewer was quite brutal and didn't calm me down etc. My question is, if get rejected for the Msc can I still apply for the Bsc even though I already have a Bsc Hons in psychology? Thanks for any advice.
You could - but you probably wouldn't get funding or full funding because you already have an undergrad degree. Its also probably far too late to apply for a BSc for this September as all interviews will have happened and all offers made.

Or you could just put this down to experience and apply for other MSc courses.
(edited 8 years ago)
You have a small window of opprtunity to write a thank you letter to the interviewer and you can raise a few points in that, but its no a chance to redo the interview by e-mail. If you go for any more interviews then practice.
I do believe UCLAN, University of Central Lancashire is not a highly ranking university so it is not as if you were applying to Oxford so the need to be nervous was not necessary as they want to hear why you applied to the course and what you know of the knowledge and the skills you will gain and using this to the best of your abilities where needed in the future.

The interviewers main concern would be your emotional stability to not keep your cool in an interview then what about if you were called over to a bed where someone was having a heart attack and died in front of you, are you really showing the capability of handling such situations when you are cracking up in an interview.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to go work in a coffee shop whilst doing some more research on your future and save up, go travel the world with STA travel and really think about what you could do with psychology in the future as there is so much you can do, and if nursing is what you want to do then you will be more mature and prepared for a future interview.

plus. King's College London is the Oxford equivalent for nursing, and they do great things with occupational therapy and psychiatry which is more geared towards your psychology degree.

Psychology is great for: advertising, human resources, sports, economics etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Posted from the Cambridge admissions thread.

Original post by FCB
Don't be disheartened, it's very hard to accurately gauge how well an interview went from your own perspective. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent every waking minute since the interview thinking about how you wish you had answered something slightly different. There is no point. The interview is done and you've done your best, and they aren't meant to be a walk in the park. If it's any comfort, I felt that I had let myself down after my interview, but my feedback was that I interviewed exceptionally well, and that I gave some of the best field specific explanations they had ever heard. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
I do believe UCLAN, University of Central Lancashire is not a highly ranking university so it is not as if you were applying to Oxford .

Can I suggest you don't take up PR for a living.
Original post by returnmigrant

UCLAN is ranked 99 out of 127, so again, it's not exactly Oxbridge but that's not to discredit it as a bad university.

It's just likely that the place she wanted was guaranteed and they just wanted to do something and see some enthusiasm, as this time of year is a lot of marking and sitting at a desk for hours etc and to have a 20 minute conversation of optimism of what the university offers is a nice break and chance to sell the university with offering the tutorship and personal learning available.

It's likely that if they were to reject you then it's because you've done something mental which this girl seems to have done.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by returnmigrant

+1 to this. Terrible.
Original post by 999tigger
+1 to this. Terrible.

I wouldn't lose sleep if I got rejected by UCLAN.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
I wouldn't lose sleep if I got rejected by UCLAN.

You arent the OP though. You dont know what ehr situation and options are. Good luck with the PR career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending