The Student Room Group

Did I have a miscarriage?

Ok so I'm on the pill but I was really bad at taking it at the start of the month so there was a window where I didn't take it for about a week after my period and I had sex with this guy a few times. Then I started taking it properly but obviously I was concerned about pregnancy. I slept with him quite a few more times and now its the end of the month and I'm on my week break for my period. I just went to the toilet and a big blood clot came out that looked brownish and weird but theres no normal period? I dont get period cramps EVER but I have cramps now but also I have IBS and the cramps feel similar to that... I don't know what it is.

Do you think that's a miscarriage or the start of period?
Erm it could be both-take a pregnancy test, at least that way you'll know..
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I'm on the pill but I was really bad at taking it at the start of the month so there was a window where I didn't take it for about a week after my period and I had sex with this guy a few times. Then I started taking it properly but obviously I was concerned about pregnancy. I slept with him quite a few more times and now its the end of the month and I'm on my week break for my period. I just went to the toilet and a big blood clot came out that looked brownish and weird but theres no normal period? I dont get period cramps EVER but I have cramps now but also I have IBS and the cramps feel similar to that... I don't know what it is.

Do you think that's a miscarriage or the start of period?

Normal cramps feel a lot like IBS, I get confused between the two. Miscarriage usually involves quite a prolonged period of bleeding, rather than just one cramp and a clot. But I guess so does a normal period.

Either way, take a pregnancy test.
Reply 3
A pregnancy test would be your best bet but if you're still worried go to the GP.
Does this affect women badly, also theres a massive history of aspergers syndrome in my family And my sister never told me about her miscarriages she had 2 And unfortunately I'm pretty sure shes stérile now! Ied just wondering does this sound normal? It sounds like she may have some illness that présents her from opening Up to her own family? Also her behaviour détérioranted So much in The few years since she had The miscarriages And i think shes finding It a bit too much. Is there any hope for her to get better?
Brown means oxidised iron so I would assume that you have had a miscarriage because there's been a significant amount of air on that mass.
Considering you weren't taking it when you were having sex, there's always going to be a chance you're pregnant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending