The Student Room Group

Last Minute Laura - Edexcel ICT GCE Pre Release Unit 3 (6953/01) AS Level

Does anybody know how to work out Clearance In and Clearance Out? I know how to do visits, tide and depth.

Visits: COUNTIF(
Tide: INDEX(MATCH(
Depth: IF(AND(
Clearance: ???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ciaranh98
Does anybody know how to work out Clearance In and Clearance Out? I know how to do visits, tide and depth.

Visits: COUNTIF(
Tide: INDEX(MATCH(
Depth: IF(AND(
Clearance: ???

Moved this to the Computing forum for you - you're more likely to get a response here :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Hannahhayati
i did a vlookup for tide, how come you have something different?

It depends what date you chose and the time.
Reply 3
Hi

Have you found the hidden sheets and if so what do you think they are for????

Ps clearance is if the tide is below maximum height and depth is higher than minimum height
Reply 4
I thought that that was what Depth In and Depth Out are for? And yeah I have seen them, it may be part of the extension that we only see in the exam, or they may ask us to do tides for October instead of July in the exam.
Reply 5
Original post by ciaranh98
I thought that that was what Depth In and Depth Out are for? And yeah I have seen them, it may be part of the extension that we only see in the exam, or they may ask us to do tides for October instead of July in the exam.

As far as i can tell the depth is so that the boat does not hit the bottom and the clearance so the boat don't hit the bridge or top of the cave. but i could be wrong

also thank i have had a good look at the October sheet but i found the some data is missing or in the wrong place compared to the July sheet, but tbh it may be a hint or it could be just to distract us i guess we won't know until the exam
Hello have you managed to import the data from the files given? I can't ?
mate, give up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending