The Student Room Group

Deprived Luxuries?

Anyone else been deprived of their luxuries that causes 'distractions' within the GCSE study leave period, according to your parents that is?

My 'rents have hidden my controller for my XBOX 360 so I haven't played it for over two months. I have to say, I can't complain because I know it was for my benefit really. I would buy another one but tbh, it costs a blummin' £33 for a spare one and anyway, I just have to hang in there for one more week till I can play.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no games for me too :frown:
Reply 2
lolz, yeah my 360 got 'jacked' as well. Whats ur gamertag, ill add u up when i get mine back.
Reply 3
hehhe i know how you feel.

xbox 360 locked away firmly in the depths of hell, away from my grasp, but like you said its for our own benefit, its just that we at this moment in time do not realise it.

I personally, deleted any games on my pc to stop me from being distracted...but slowly and shortly, them games will return!
Reply 4
lolz, whats ur pplz gamertags???

EDIT

Ok, anyone play rainbow six?
Reply 5
I dont have a 360, but I use a 360 controller for the PC.. which has been hidden.. :frown:
Reply 6
Lol.
My parents are complete opposites.

On Saturday, I was trying really hard to revise for geography and my dad came up to me and went 'Do you want to go shopping in MK. I think you need a break'. I had done no revision whatsoever that whole week lol.
I know! Well, not so much that my parents tell me I've done enough revision...just that whenever I *finally* get down to doing some work I'm always told that I need to clean up or walk the dog or some such rubbish...really annoys me :mad:
lol, everyone needs a break...
Reply 9
Nah, nothing hidden or taken away. I'm sure they'll be all up for it at A-Level if my grades don't come out as predicted now though!!
Reply 10
Mine are so distracting I have to seek refuge round my Grandma's. Then they come in and turn the TV on and shout loudly for ages and ages (Grandma's a little hard of hearing, but they don't have to do it right next to me!) and my dad always demands I stop what I'm doing to make his tea; for silly sake, he can do it himself as he only sits there waiting while I have to drop everything!

My sister is terrible too. She was back form uni. this week and everyday I just went shopping or sat there talking for hours.
Reply 11
My parents are surprisingly okay, they let me get on with whatever I have to do and don't put any restrictions on me, but I guess I never push it either. In return, I also get free reign to yell and get grumpy as much as I like because of "exam stress" (it's great). I pretty much lock myself in my room and a lot of the time I'm getting distracted on my computer (like now) and then when I finally get down to some work my father comes in and says "EAT SOME FOOD. YOU NEED NUTRITION. TAKE A BREAK. GO FOR A JOG. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU." Aww.
Reply 12
Make_It
Lol.

On Saturday, I was trying really hard to revise for geography and my dad came up to me and went 'Do you want to go shopping in MK. I think you need a break'. I had done no revision whatsoever that whole week lol.

Haha same.. I went out all day Saturday, my mum thought it would be a good idea to have a break from my 'revision'. Haha well I'm not one of those people who can just sit and revise all day. I do better cramming the evening before the exam and in the morning!
Reply 13
Lol.
Same!

I have an extremely bad memory lol.
And the people who started revision during easter break...incredible how they can remember it all!
Reply 14
My parents are completely the opposite. They are really good actually. They tell my brother to shut up and he's not allowed to play his drums or have his music loud while I work. They don't force me to work either and certainly haven't locked anything away. They keep bringing me home presents as well like flowers, chocolates, jewellery, clothes etc because apparently I deserve a treat with all this exam stress. They trust me :smile: I'm sorry but I am 15 now and most of you lot are 16. Locking your stuff away is treating you like a 7 year old. I would be pretty pissed off if they did that to me.
Reply 15
I don't think there's a problem with parents locking away stuff, it enforces discipline and tbh, if they didn't do it and you didn't do as well as you could've, you would feel bad and they would too. And what's the harm? A little deprivation never killed anyone. :biggrin:
(Unless it's like..food or water.)
Reply 16
Make_It
Lol.

loooool, that's my type of humour.
Reply 17
My PS3, 360 and PS2
Not really supposed to even be on PC
Reply 18
No. Hence why I'm on here all the time. :rolleyes: :frown:
Reply 19
I can literally spend all day on tsr, its like visiting different shops in a big city. This is in fact a virtual realm.

Latest