The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluebird Cardiff
and it will be another loss tonight losers Cardiff are coming for you

Looks like Cardiff are coming for us.......

In the playoffs 😂
Big well done to our team tonight.

Five points in five games. Doable?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Big well done to our team tonight.

Five points in five games. Doable?

4 games
Original post by paul514
4 games

Yeah just realised was looking at teams above.

Makes those recent results more frustrating.
Yeah just realised was looking at teams above.

Makes those recent results more frustrating.

Well yea you need 6 points and you realise we have dropped 11 in a 5 game period.

We haven’t got easy games to come so we will just see what happens. Personally I think we will finish where we are and play derby in the semi’s
Might just be Jack's best goal yet, Sam Johnstone with some amazing saves again
I think our next kit deal could be Recon. They recently made some sports company back in November.

If it was Recon maybe it would be a way to fiddle FFP. 500m kit deal spread over five years?

Main thing is changing the crest for me, I won't buy a shirt until it's done. The Lerner AIDS era crest needs to disappear like a fart in the wind.
Aston Villa announce shock Bodymoor Heath name change

It will now be knows as the Recon Training Complex

Aston Villa's Bodymoor Heath training facility will now be known as The Recon Training Complex.

The club have announced a five-year partnership that is the club's first ever training ground sponsorship deal.

It sees a shock name change to the training ground which will now lose the Bodymoor Heath name it has had since the 1970s.

Chief Executive, Keith Wyness, today announced that the the club believes the deal will help optimize performances on the pitch.

He said: “This partnership will guarantee that the club continues to develop best in class training facilities. Investment in our training ground is vital to optimising performance on the pitch and we are glad to be working with a long-term partner to create advantage at Aston Villa Football Club.

“The training ground is also one of our key revenue generators as we send coaches overseas to spread the Villa techniques and philosophy forming a key pillar of our international plans.”

Dr Tony Xia also outlined his visions for the newly named facility.

The chairman stated: "The naming of Bodymoor Heath, and the extensive package of marketing rights, provides Recon and our group businesses with a unique communication platform to showcase our services and products.

“We’re very proud to make this announcement and look forward to developing the technological showcase of our offering.”

Sponsorship.

I'm not really big on the Royals but it is nice to see the human side to the Royal Family.

William in his little Villa scarf just enjoying the game at the ground and going mad when we score.

Great photo.
I think our next kit deal could be Recon. They recently made some sports company back in November.

If it was Recon maybe it would be a way to fiddle FFP. 500m kit deal spread over five years?

Main thing is changing the crest for me, I won't buy a shirt until it's done. The Lerner AIDS era crest needs to disappear like a fart in the wind.

Hold your horses we are Aston Villa in the championship not Man City at the top of the league and doing well late into cup competitions with big names on the world stage.

There is no chance of us passing a deal like that with the authorities and besides the owner isn’t that rich he’s only got like a billion
Original post by paul514
Hold your horses we are Aston Villa in the championship not Man City at the top of the league and doing well late into cup competitions with big names on the world stage.

There is no chance of us passing a deal like that with the authorities and besides the owner isn’t that rich he’s only got like a billion

More than that, and Recon is worth a load as well. Don't think we really know how much wealth he has though. Guess we'll find out if we get to the PL.
More than that, and Recon is worth a load as well. Don't think we really know how much wealth he has though. Guess we'll find out if we get to the PL.

Recon has money I have no doubt but the rich lists put him at a billion
Original post by paul514
Recon has money I have no doubt but the rich lists put him at a billion

I'll assume it's a billion then.

Thoughts on Friday? Starting to think we could still make autos.
Original post by Rock Fan
Might just be Jack's best goal yet, Sam Johnstone with some amazing saves again

Saw his double save which was outstanding. He's come out and said recently that he's going to have to leave us in the summer and I don't blame him. He's easily good enough to be first choice for a Premier League club.

A shame really as we've got a few decent young goalkeepers, Sam being one of them, but as long as David De Gea is at the club they've got no chance.
I'll assume it's a billion then.

Thoughts on Friday? Starting to think we could still make autos.

Honestly I’ve no idea after the 4 points from 15 run I turned off all expectations and accepted 4th.

For me it’s over, if we had just 3 points more at this point we would have a chance but there’s only 4 games to go.
We must sign him permanently.

It is one of the hardest positions to get sorted.

5m should do it.
We must sign him permanently.

It is one of the hardest positions to get sorted.

5m should do it.

Depends on the finances, Utd won’t loan him again and if we don’t go up we may not have the finance to do it.

Don’t forget the parachute payments go down again this year and the only way of combatting that alongside being near ffp limits is to raise more revenue or to cut costs in the form of wages or not signing people
Interesting team changes tonight
Happy to see The Kodge start.

Needs a goal. Needs to be firing in time for the play offs.

Balti pie, sausage roll, come on Kodjia score a goal.

2-0 West Midlands Village.
Has anyone else been screaming for onomah to come off for the last 20 mins?

Quick Reply

Latest