The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cll_ws
My throat's still hurting from my reaction to the referee not giving that handball despite seemingly looking right at it. Well done linesman.

Second half was pretty poor though. Looked better once Adomah came on, not sure why he ever lost his place? He's been pretty consistent since first getting into the side.

Can only assume Adomah was being rested with another game on Monday
Yeah that Ref was atrocious. I was in north stand upper for this so didn't see what happened perfectly but from the way the players reacted to it I thought it must have been very clear cut. We hammered then in the first 10 minutes but that second half was much to shaky for my liking and they kept getting through. Definitely should have scored one of those shots which hit the bar
Original post by neal95
Yeah that Ref was atrocious. I was in north stand upper for this so didn't see what happened perfectly but from the way the players reacted to it I thought it must have been very clear cut. We hammered then in the first 10 minutes but that second half was much to shaky for my liking and they kept getting through. Definitely should have scored one of those shots which hit the bar

The linesman was further away and saw the handball. Yeah second half we did our usual and went to sleep then woke up a bit towards the end.
Leaving this here on new years eve as this was Petrov's last goal for us 5 years ago today[video="youtube;JTFfilZVujU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTFfilZVujU[/video]
1-0 down real poor start so far. hoping for a repeat of last months result but we seriously need to improve our performance
Original post by neal95
1-0 down real poor start so far. hoping for a repeat of last months result but we seriously need to improve our performance

😒

It's like Groundhog Day every game for me in this midfield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
😒

It's like Groundhog Day every game for me in this midfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

atrocious display and the midfield is so porous! hope the doctor and bruce are working hard to get people in and that tweet he made the other day is accurate, this team has serious issues and we have papered over the cracks.
Original post by neal95
atrocious display and the midfield is so porous! hope the doctor and bruce are working hard to get people in and that tweet he made the other day is accurate, this team has serious issues and we have papered over the cracks.

10 points off the cluster of teams in the playoffs and 13th place 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just not good enough yeah we picked up second half and actually Gabby did well when he came on but Westwood and Gardner were awful.
Original post by Rock Fan
Just not good enough yeah we picked up second half and actually Gabby did well when he came on but Westwood and Gardner were awful.

Yea I we need real quality central midfielders at least 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
According to the stats in the first half between them Gardner and Westwood touched the ball a total 9 times, Tishibola touched it 47 when he came on.
According to the stats in the first half between them Gardner and Westwood touched the ball a total 9 times, Tishibola touched it 47 when he came on.

I don't know why we don't sell off our entire central midfield from last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
I don't know why we don't sell off our entire central midfield from last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah every central midfielder from last year, plus there is a suggestion Ayew is wanted by Swansea although it would be a bit pointless going for him as he is at the Nations.
Yeah every central midfielder from last year, plus there is a suggestion Ayew is wanted by Swansea although it would be a bit pointless going for him as he is at the Nations.

I'd sell him too.

He's alright but he's hardly clinical and he isn't right for a central player in our team.

I'm not even that much of a fan of jedinak but I wouldn't sell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
I'd sell him too.

He's alright but he's hardly clinical and he isn't right for a central player in our team.

I'm not even that much of a fan of jedinak but I wouldn't sell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Ayew can go, runs with his head down and is selfish. To be fair we missed Jedinak today, he at least battles hard.
Yeah Ayew can go, runs with his head down and is selfish. To be fair we missed Jedinak today, he at least battles hard.

He's slow as **** though and can't pick a pass.

He's the least of our midfield problems though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mike Dean is the referee for the game against Tottenham :mad:
Mike Dean is the referee for the game against Tottenham :mad:

Tottenham penalty and villa red card guaranteed then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Tottenham penalty and villa red card guaranteed then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially if we are winning
Especially if we are winning

He's so biased towards Spurs it isn't funny. Don't know why he is allowed to referee their games or games of their rivals.

Quick Reply

Latest