The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Bjarnasson looks awful.

I don't know what the answer is.

We are in a relegation battle as well now. We don't look like winning another game this season.

People say oh you can't get rid of bruce etc....

I'm sat here thinking, alright if it ain't Bruce's fault then it can only be coaching or the players fault.

Coaching is the managers job.

It's well established we have brought good championship players and spent 80m along the way.

So I go back to the manager.

I don't pretend I know the right manager to get.

Some people said dean smith, I kind of like that idea.

His team seems to attack a lot, he's a villa fan so would bring passion to the role etc

But then again after big Sam i thought Steve Bruce was the next best choice when RDM left.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
People say oh you can't get rid of bruce etc....

I'm sat here thinking, alright if it ain't Bruce's fault then it can only be coaching or the players fault.

Coaching is the managers job.

It's well established we have brought good championship players and spent 80m along the way.

So I go back to the manager.

I don't pretend I know the right manager to get.

Some people said dean smith, I kind of like that idea.

His team seems to attack a lot, he's a villa fan so would bring passion to the role etc

But then again after big Sam i thought Steve Bruce was the next best choice when RDM left.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've done everything to turn it round. New players, owner, board, manager x 2. Invested heavily.

We are just inherently shite.
We've done everything to turn it round. New players, owner, board, manager x 2. Invested heavily.

We are just inherently shite.

I agree all the rules of how to turn it around have been followed.

Everything we could have dreamed about 10 months ago has been done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think sacking the manager will solve anything. Aston Villa are already a huge mess of 4-5 manager's players (did Garde sign anyone?) and bringing in someone else will mean another huge turnover of signings and probably another year or two in transition. Your wage bill must be absolutely ridiculous as well.

Bruce is as proven as it gets at this level. He deserves at least this summer to sort the mess out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scott Hogan likely to be out for the rest of the season, we are really cursed however Birmingham Mail is saying we have got Christopher Samba training with us.
Original post by Rock Fan
Well that has ruined my Birthday

Sorry man hope you enjoyed your visit anyway!
Original post by KingGoonIan
Sorry man hope you enjoyed your visit anyway!

Yeah shame about the result and the goals given away but I always do enjoy coming up to Newcastle, love the city. I can't understand why some fans from both sides don't get along with each other, I went up there and most of the Newcastle fans were really friendly and welcoming.
Yeah shame about the result and the goals given away but I always do enjoy coming up to Newcastle, love the city. I can't understand why some fans from both sides don't get along with each other, I went up there and most of the Newcastle fans were really friendly and welcoming.

Yeah same for when I went to Villa people were friendly then too. What did you make of the atmosphere and the view? :P
Original post by KingGoonIan
Yeah same for when I went to Villa people were friendly then too. What did you make of the atmosphere and the view? :P

See my earlier pictures of how high up we were :p: atmosphere was decent to be fair, been a bit flat in previous visits but past couple times it has been quite loud both ends.
Scott Hogan likely to be out for the rest of the season, we are really cursed however Birmingham Mail is saying we have got Christopher Samba training with us.

Nah it's our own fault I said when we were signing him his injury record is terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've always kind of linked us with Hamburger SV, cos they've got a similar record in Europe, I think similar amount of league titles, once great clubs but now struggling...just saw they lost 8-0 away to Bayern which reminded me of our visits to Chelsea :biggrin:
Bout time we got a win. UTV
Original post by neal95
Bout time we got a win. UTV

It feels bad to say it but I don't really care this week, I'm angry at them for throwing our season away in January.
Original post by sr90
I don't think sacking the manager will solve anything. Aston Villa are already a huge mess of 4-5 manager's players (did Garde sign anyone?) and bringing in someone else will mean another huge turnover of signings and probably another year or two in transition. Your wage bill must be absolutely ridiculous as well.

Bruce is as proven as it gets at this level. He deserves at least this summer to sort the mess out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, he's good enough to bring a team to the Premier League with the right squad.
They have the quality...they just need the time.

If they make the premier league I'd get rid of him though xD
Huge relief, first win of 2017
I listed to the interview with Kieth wyness on Wm on Friday.

Sounded to me like he was saying all our problems are mental and players needing to settle

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are winning 2-0.
We are winning 2-0.

And now we have won

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keep this up lads and you'll avoid relegation
Original post by The Wavefunction
Keep this up lads and you'll avoid relegation

Yea won't take many more points to be safe after these 6.

It would be nice to get some consistency so we know what to improve in the summer and to get a good start next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest