The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Obviously hasn't gone how you'd liked it to, but thoughts on your first season in the championship? Fully expect you to be up there challenging for the top two next season.

Despite the disappointing season I have enjoyed going to different grounds etc and thankfully not getting battered 5.0 every game
Original post by The Wavefunction
Obviously hasn't gone how you'd liked it to, but thoughts on your first season in the championship? Fully expect you to be up there challenging for the top two next season.

Disappointed we didn't challenge for playoffs but I suppose the important thing was to stop the decline and losing every game which has happened. I think the worst is over.

But we have to start well next season, we can't be in a position where we are thinking it's only four points to automatic, then six, then we are only a point off playoffs etc.
I'm not so sure we will do well next year.

On the one hand if you look at Bruce's points per game it's decent and is obviously very good post January compared to before.
We will also have the chance to buy a few players to make us better too.

On the other hand there's no kodija until October/November, hogan hasn't hit the ground running and keeps getting injured and we're welcoming the fat idiot from Forrest back.
Our possession stats are awful, we give the ball away a lot and don't create much. Also in my opinion the team lacks balance going forward a lot and the team also lacks movement to make themselves available for the ball going forward too.

I feel like it could be a blessing in disguise not going up this year so we can be a decent team by the time we do but then again the money and profile the PL gives you would allow us to buy in success with our owner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how Xia works and backs the team if and when we are back in the PL.

What do you make of him so far?
Tony is the best thing that has happened to this club after the day of Randy Lerner, interestingly they interviewed Bruce at the end of the game and he said he wants to give the club a team is deserves and one that will push for promotion.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how Xia works and backs the team if and when we are back in the PL.

What do you make of him so far?

Without being too gushing we couldn't have asked for a much better owner in every respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
Tony is the best thing that has happened to this club after the day of Randy Lerner, interestingly they interviewed Bruce at the end of the game and he said he wants to give the club a team is deserves and one that will push for promotion.

Original post by paul514
Without being too gushing we couldn't have asked for a much better owner in every respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's difficult to pick a fault with him so far I admit. I get excited too easily though (you may have noticed from my posts :biggrin:). He has said they are looking at changing the crest and I don't see why that can't be announced next season, it's probably too late for next season's kits as they've no doubt been sorted now.

If we don't go up next season though I'd be worried about his enthusiasm and him pulling the plug.
Haha just read the previous posts was funny that koalas gaffe, I'll take the credit for that XD. On topic, was very impressed by young Davies today, held the ball up well and was very mobile, was wishing so much he slotted past stockdale, would have been perfect for him. Not a bad performance compared to some of our previous outings. Must do better next season, promotion is essential, nothing less than top 2 should be the aim
Would take Glenn Murray if they sell him m. Get rid of gabby or McCormack and give him decent wages instead, plus play Davies more often if hogan is out for a while. Would like to see him make more frequent cameos if his performance levels are like today across the season
Original post by neal95
Would take Glenn Murray if they sell him m. Get rid of gabby or McCormack and give him decent wages instead, plus play Davies more often if hogan is out for a while. Would like to see him make more frequent cameos if his performance levels are like today across the season

No one will take gabby on his wages but I would sell McCormack for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone seen about this unexploded WW2 bomb they found right next to the ground.
Anyone seen about this unexploded WW2 bomb they found right next to the ground.

Yea the traffics it caused is a nob it's ok though I heard Hutton, bent, n'zogbia and Guzan are going down to do a controlled explosion 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Yea the traffics it caused is a nob it's ok though I heard Hutton, bent, n'zogbia and Guzan are going down to do a controlled explosion 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha bomb squad. Also hear we will be re-signing Johnstone on loan.
Reply 1193
Aha bomb squad. Also hear we will be re-signing Johnstone on loan.

Johnstone was better than Gollini am I right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
Johnstone was better than Gollini am I right

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree think he is better
Reckon we would have signed him on a permanent had it not been for the ffp thing. Hopefully have a decent season from start to finish this year, along with the rest
Heart surgery for our owner DR Tony, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Hear were after Marc Roberts at Barnsley defender, was given the captaincy when hourihane left. Don't know to much about him, probably means elphick Richards will be off and samba won't be given deal (phewww.....although he will probs go Birmingham now and smash it under arry!!)
Reply 1198
Didn't we used to have Grant Holt? How old is he now? Could we get him back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
Didn't we used to have Grant Holt? How old is he now? Could we get him back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's fat, crap and in his mid thirtys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest