The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hogree
Also heading to Griffin tomorrow, long overdue three points desperately needed to get some momentum ticking over again...

Badly need to win I agree
Original post by Rock Fan
This is the trouble we ain't got that, Kodjia long term out, Gabby Out, McCormack on loan, Hogan out of form. We virtually got no one else.

Which is why when gabby is out of contract in the summer we shouldn’t resign him, we should let Ross go to whoever will take him so long as we don’t pay towards his wages and Scott should be sold to whoever will give us half our money back.

Hepburn Murphy has never done anything and is always injured whilst Davies doesn’t score. They can be kept as prospects.

That means with kodija coming back one day we will need two strikers, one to challenge kodija and the other to cover him.
Original post by paul514
Which is why when gabby is out of contract in the summer we shouldn’t resign him, we should let Ross go to whoever will take him so long as we don’t pay towards his wages and Scott should be sold to whoever will give us half our money back.

Hepburn Murphy has never done anything and is always injured whilst Davies doesn’t score. They can be kept as prospects.

That means with kodija coming back one day we will need two strikers, one to challenge kodija and the other to cover him.

Some speculation that Gabby will retire when his contract is up rather than go to another club.
Some speculation that Gabby will retire when his contract is up rather than go to another club.

Gabby may as well have retired a few years ago he’s literally done nothing.
Original post by paul514
Gabby may as well have retired a few years ago he’s literally done nothing.

13 goals in 5 years
Original post by paul514
13 goals in 5 years

He's had more yellow cards than goals over the last few years
He's had more yellow cards than goals over the last few years

It seriously would surprise me he’s scored once this season, one last and once the year before.

Anyone who thinks he should get another contract is stupid in the extreme
Original post by paul514
It seriously would surprise me he’s scored once this season, one last and once the year before.

Anyone who thinks he should get another contract is stupid in the extreme

It was the old regime that gave him that stupid wages contract back in 2014.
It was the old regime that gave him that stupid wages contract back in 2014.

Yea but if you read the comments sections on the mail or even Villa talk occasionally people say he should be given a new deal.

Gabbys deal running out takes care of 25% of the drop in parachute payments this season if we don’t go up
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Yea but if you read the comments sections on the mail or even Villa talk occasionally people say he should be given a new deal.

I don't think he should be given one, I'd say just bring him out everytime we play Blues haha.
I don't think he should be given one, I'd say just bring him out everytime we play Blues haha.

Pay as you play (against blues 😂)
Original post by paul514
Pay as you play (against blues 😂)

haha yeah then flog him off again after.
*******s.
Tumbling down to mid table, this is what happens when strikers don’t score goal.

And now the aa is injured😕
Mind the gap..
Bloody awful tonight, also embarrassing seeing some Villa fans fighting each other
So so gutting. First game I've seen live all season and just lack of desire, simple as. Think there's just a culture of laziness in the team, the pressing's poor, the effort to get into space isn't there. Idk if it's just one person who's not pulling their weight so nobody else thinks it's worth going for it but looked so lethargic. And Jedinak just isn't good enough.

Shame.

Don't know what needs to happen but something's gonna have to change to the team culture bc there's definitely problems.
It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid
But each Christmas time, our team plays like they have full blown AIDS
Our Chinese owner's spent plenty
There aren't many goals to enjoy
Put your hands over your eyes at Christmas time
But say a prayer
Pray for the Brummie ones
At Christmas time it's hard
Cos we're not having fun
We're watching Villa struggle
With our eyes welled up with tears
Cos the only striker we have
Is aged just 19 years
This useless group of players
Have given up far too soon
Dr Xia grow a set and just sack Bruce
And there won't be goals at Villa Park this Christmas time
The only thing we'll get this year is shite
We got bummed again in London
And the gap just grows and grows
Will we ever win a match at aaaalllll
So what do we have to look forward to? Where do we pin our hopes?

Well we can’t spend in the window due to ffp unless someone pays money for one of our players, so we may be able to get a loan or two.

Kodija is our all year so no goals to come from him.
All the other forwards don’t score.

Terry is back soon.

So basically we hope the defence will tighten up when terry is back and someone comes in January on loan to score some goals......, and that’s our season.

If we don’t go up our parachute payments halve, onomah, Johnstone and snodgrass go back to their clubs and we have to persuade terry to stay for another year. On the plus side gabby is out of contract.

Happy new year 😑
(edited 6 years ago)
Surely we have someone half decent in the youth teams?

Quick Reply

Latest