The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Looking forward to this.

It will be good.
Completely out playing them so far, they are leaving their mark on our players though
We should be two up imo.
You beat your neighbours, go second in the league and win 7 in a row your best form for 28 years. Got to be happy with that
Game of the season for me.

Very pleased with this.

Well done to Jack as well, he just keeps getting better.
Yessssssss!!!!!
Reply 1786
You guys look good considering some wanted Bruce out a few months ago.
What do you lot make of DLBIA as the song played at full time?

I've got to be honest I absolutely hate it.
The owner has done wonders for Villa. Didn't expect you to piece it together that quickly in the Championship since things looked hopeless at the beginning.
Reply 1789
Original post by James.Carnell
The owner has done wonders for Villa. Didn't expect you to piece it together that quickly in the Championship since things looked hopeless at the beginning.

Runs a decent Twitter account as well.

Wonder if Abrahmovich would get into it.

See **** like this before sackings:

Conte ⚰️🔜🕟
Original post by S.G.
Runs a decent Twitter account as well.

Wonder if Abrahmovich would get into it.

See **** like this before sackings:

Conte ⚰️🔜🕟

Abramovich would post something like this:

Villa look like they will be very well run when they get back into the PL, could be a force to be reckoned with.
Reply 1791
Abramovich would post something like this:

Villa look like they will be very well run when they get back into the PL, could be a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, I think they’d give a better account of themselves than teams like Stoke. Villa and Wolves will be good and probably stay up as well.

Literally done everything we asked for when he came in, apart from one minor thing which was changing the club's crest. The current one reminds me and probably everyone else of the AIDS regime under Lerner.

If we go up we will see how ambitious we really are.

Original post by S.G.
Yeah, I think they’d give a better account of themselves than teams like Stoke. Villa and Wolves will be good and probably stay up as well.

Wolves are one to watch.

For anyone who didn't see it or missed it, here is the first goal yesterday:

https://twitter.com/avfcgoals/status/962806370675421185

Seeing Bruce like that, after the week he had, it was very moving. He was close to breaking down there.
We also have a very likeable group of players now imo. They all seem to care for each other, the club and the manager.

Even JT :biggrin:
Reply 1794
Original post by Wilfred Little
Wolves are one to watch.

For anyone who didn't see it or missed it, here is the first goal yesterday:

https://twitter.com/avfcgoals/status/962806370675421185

Seeing Bruce like that, after the week he had, it was very moving. He was close to breaking down there.

Yeah, Wolves are running away with it.

This Adomah guy seems to have come out of nowhere as well. Had hardly heard of him before. You confident you'll get auto?
Original post by S.G.
Yeah, Wolves are running away with it.

This Adomah guy seems to have come out of nowhere as well. Had hardly heard of him before. You confident you'll get auto?

We’re all confident we will get in the top 6 but we have some important games this month like Fulham next week.

If we get through the month March is much more kind to us.

Btw Adomah played first team at Middlesbrough for three years before us and first team at Bristol before that. He scored a goal 1 in 6 games.

The difference with us is it’s more like 1 in 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Latest news here including Terry likely to go back to Chelsea in a coaching role https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-aston-villa-chelsea-14297094?service=responsive
Original post by Rock Fan
Latest news here including Terry likely to go back to Chelsea in a coaching role https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-aston-villa-chelsea-14297094?service=responsive

It’s nailed on he will go back to coach the question is, when?
A win today would be so much bigger than last weeks.

Equals a record going back to 1975!
Derby lost last Tuesday so if we win today we create a 4 point gap.
Cardiff are playing Middlesbrough so it’s possible we may be 5 ahead of them.
It would increase our gap to Fulham to 10 points effectively ending their hopes of an automatic place
I think we are getting close to the form of a team where teams turn up to lose to us in their minds before the game starts. Think 90’s Man Utd.

As a side note a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world we would still increase on derby, even if Cardiff won we would be on equal points.

A loss adds Fulham firmly in the hunt for the autos

Quick Reply

Latest