The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philipstothers
Anyone out there doing German? Are yous just looking at random words on vocab list and hoping lol?

I'm just looking at the ccea specification word list! It is so hard to revise for listening papers!
Anyone out there doing German? Are yous just looking at random words on vocab list and hoping lol?

I've compiled a list of vocab throughout this and a last year and just revising it. It's just random words/phrases. Then on the german text book I learned the vocab for specific topics 1-9.

Original post by Okdmd46
Anyone else ****ed for friday? Business studies i dont have motivation for

I enjoy business. I still have business plans and cash flow to revise. The course is shorter than last year and easier imo because we did that CAT that took up to Christmas.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemnerd4life
Feel stupid now 😂

I was gonna say animal testing but then i seen the 5 mark and was like naw they wouldnt put it in their twice like lmao
Original post by jackcoys
I've compiled a list of vocab throughout this and a last year and just revising it. It's just random words/phrases. Then on the german text book I learned the vocab for specific topics 1-9.

I enjoy business. I still have business plans and cash flow to revise. The course is shorter than last year and easier imo because we did that CAT that took up to Christmas.

Do you know how many marks you roughly need for an A in the listening papers?
Original post by shialabeouf
How's everyone finding geography revision? I am absolutely deceased after those two exams and I'm contemplating just going to sleep and revising in the morning..

im the same. im forcing myself to do an hour or two since I cannot get those case studies into my head. it doesn't help our teacher literally whizzed right past them. unit 2 is harder than unit 2 for me, but atleast a lot of it is case studies. there's not many processes like unit 1.

Original post by Okdmd46

for business studies im a little screwed. last week i went over break even and cash flow theory again and again, so hopefully that pays off a little. i also went over HR a bit bt still have to learn legislation. the topics on growth and international trade & e-commerce aren't that hard, anyway. just gotta learn em. i like business studies unit 1 much more than unit 2. our teacher was off sick for two weeks in february, meaning we had to go really fast to get everything covered. it was a nightmare. i really liked the unit 1 exam though, so hopefully that holds me up :\
Original post by stripedfan
Do you know how many marks you roughly need for an A in the listening papers?

Somewhere around 28/40
Original post by Okdmd46

MEEE :biggrin: I already have 57% (Unit 1 and CA) but business is so boring I can't bring myself to revise. I have bio on Friday as well which I need to concentrate on more because I am really bad at biology lol.

Original post by gabby3457
Im the exact same! English i wrote 3 and a bit for each, and my unit one was atrocious, so idek anymore im sitting on all A* coursework but apart from that i dont know how it will balance out. I got religion done with 10 mins to spare so im a bit concerned and it was the same in my school, nobody knew Thomas Aquinas, i did get it though thankfully. and i didnt sleep a wink last night.

Well quality over quantity, I just hope we've written enough. I don't know what my coursework mark is but I do know I was top of my year (of around 300 people) so I hope it's very near full marks. Unit 1 I only think I got a B in though unit 2 most likely an A so unless I do better than I thought I've lost my A* :frown:
Original post by T0ucan
MEEE :biggrin: I already have 57% (Unit 1 and CA) but business is so boring I can't bring myself to revise. I have bio on Friday as well which I need to concentrate on more because I am really bad at biology lol.
Thats class! Im on about 52/53 duno about the possibility of an a* would need almost full marks for it in unit 2
Im excited for chemistry and biology, physics not so much 🙄
Dreading biology, I love physics it's so easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cluster1
Dreading biology, I love physics it's so easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

gosh im awful at it
Original post by gabrielealek
Im excited for chemistry and biology, physics not so much 🙄

Your the same as me lol!
What way is everyone revising for business studies?
Anyone with German answers? Need reassurance. Actually found the start of the paper harder than most other papers.
Anyone with German answers? Need reassurance. Actually found the start of the paper harder than most other papers.

Is your German exam CCEA? For some reason ours is AQA despite CCEA having German. AQA is quite easy but the second half of the listening was literal torture.
Original post by jackcoys
Is your German exam CCEA? For some reason ours is AQA despite CCEA having German. AQA is quite easy but the second half of the listening was literal torture.

Yea ccea sorry. It went pretty well.

well this is a ccea thread so no need to apologize haha

my teacher did the test and showed it to us after and i think i got the majority of the questions right. i thought it was a good test compared to others but the probably means the reading will be hard.
Original post by tearsforyears
my teacher did the test and showed it to us after and i think i got the majority of the questions right. i thought it was a good test compared to others but the probably means the reading will be hard.

Do you remember any answers? Ours did the test but didn't show his answers :frown:
Do you remember any answers? Ours did the test but didn't show his answers :frown:

I did German today as well! I know a lot of people in my school found it really hard?? I thought it could have been worse but I'm just so unsure of my answers!

Quick Reply

Latest