The Student Room Group

Wjec of mice and men

How did you find the exam? What on earth were the poems about???????
Omam questions were a blessing. I thought poetry went well too till discovering that the poems are actually about prostitution and a gay depressed man rather than a fishmonger and a car salesman. Although, the majority of people have interpreted it as the fishmonger and car salesman, and obviously poetry is up for interpretation.
Reply 2
Original post by Lauren0812
Omam questions were a blessing. I thought poetry went well too till discovering that the poems are actually about prostitution and a gay depressed man rather than a fishmonger and a car salesman. Although, the majority of people have interpreted it as the fishmonger and car salesman, and obviously poetry is up for interpretation.

Don't worry she's just scaring you Lol
Reply 3

You are joking right!? How on earth were they about a gay man and a prositute😩😂😂
Reply 4
What were the grade boundaries for the 2015 WJEC unit 1 eng lit paper?
Original post by rahah7
You are joking right!? How on earth were they about a gay man and a prositute😩😂😂

Rereading them I can see where it is coming from... However the majority of people didn't write that and have interpreted it as the fishmonger and a car salesman. An English teacher told us that finding the ideas about prostituion ans the depressed gay man involved A level skills. I wouldn't worry, such a minority actually saw the other side to the poems.
A* - 40
a - 35
b - 30
c - 25
d - 20
e - 17
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1234angie
What were the grade boundaries for the 2015 WJEC unit 1 eng lit paper?

Last year, out of 50

40 A*
35 A
30 B
25 C
Reply 8
i started off thinking poetry was on prostitution when it talked about fishyness and the smell but then it went on describing different types of fish, then i read the second poem and thought naaah this aint about prostitues 'if i write sexual connotations the examiner is gona think im some sort of rude minded child!!!' :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:
Reply 9
Rereading them I can see where it is coming from... However the majority of people didn't write that and have interpreted it as the fishmonger and a car salesman. An English teacher told us that finding the ideas about prostituion ans the depressed gay man involved A level skills. I wouldn't worry, such a minority actually saw the other side to the poems.

Would that mean that the grade boundaries would be lowered since most people across the country have misunderstood it and what parts in the poem hinted to it being about a gay guy and a prostitute
Original post by _mk
i started off thinking poetry was on prostitution when it talked about fishyness and the smell but then it went on describing different types of fish, then i read the second poem and thought naaah this aint about prostitues 'if i write sexual connotations the examiner is gona think im some sort of rude minded child!!!' :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

I can imagine it will say in the top band to award the highest marks to students who have picked up on the prostituion and other deeper connotations. I can't imagine that everybody is going to marked down for not seeing this, as there's only a few who actually did interpret the poem in that way. You will be fine don't worry :smile:
How do you think you have done?

I was pleased with my essay and extract, so hopefully i get atleast 9/10 and 18/20. Not quite sure about poetry, but i think it should be atleast 17/20
Reply 12
Original post by 1234angie
How do you think you have done?

I was pleased with my essay and extract, so hopefully i get atleast 9/10 and 18/20. Not quite sure about poetry, but i think it should be atleast 17/20

I COULDNT think of anything to write for the exctract for some reason, i was rally struggling so i think i should get around 15/20 ,so i moved into the essay and i thinki ve got around 17/20 I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO OUT QUOTES I ONLY PUT LIKE 6 and for poetry i should have got around 13/20 :/
Original post by _mk
I COULDNT think of anything to write for the exctract for some reason, i was rally struggling so i think i should get around 15/20 ,so i moved into the essay and i thinki ve got around 17/20 I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO OUT QUOTES I ONLY PUT LIKE 6 and for poetry i should have got around 13/20 :/

The extract was /10 so let's assume you got 7

7+17+13 = 37 which would have got you an A for at least the last 3 years running
The extract was /10 so let's assume you got 7

7+17+13 = 37 which would have got you an A for at least the last 3 years running

That's really good btw :smile:
Reply 15
That's really good btw :smile:

thankss :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending