The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Agree with your point that it was a fair result. But you did play defensively, nothing wrong with that but there is something wrong with it if you claim you are the best attacking team in the world (some fans not necessarily you).

Also disagree we conceded due to the press, we conceded due to Pogba's error in judgement. Another day he would head that ball out like normal.

He's the first guy to complain about teams who sit back against Liverpool so it's funny to see them do the same thing.
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484507561.417868.jpg

Robbed tbh

Stop crying, a draw was a fair result.

We didn't even turn up and we still drew with you.
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484507561.417868.jpg

Robbed tbh

Makes it better. :tongue:

If not this we would've scored anyway considering the amount of pressure we were putting on you.
I like how parking the bus is seen as 'anti-football', yet that stupid high press which Liverpool play and means that goals are only scored from defensive mistakes and that no decent football can be played is not 'anti-football.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Stop crying, a draw was a fair result.

We didn't even turn up and we still drew with you.

Neither did we and we had a weakened side including an 18 year at RB up against Martial and still drew with you. We accept it was a fair result, Luke was just baiting you. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Neither did we and we had a weakened side including an 18 year at RB up against Martial and still drew with you. We accept it was a fair result, Luke was just baiting you. :tongue:

Mate we had our best defender absent as well. Just like Uniteds weakened side against you at Anfield.
Agree with your point that it was a fair result. But you did play defensively, nothing wrong with that but there is something wrong with it if you claim you are the best attacking team in the world (some fans not necessarily you).

Also disagree we conceded due to the press, we conceded due to Pogba's error in judgement. Another day he would head that ball out like normal.

Every team will have to play defensively at some point. It's just like when we were winning against City - we sat back and played on the counter, and fortunately we shut them out for the full game.

It doesn't matter what your style is, sometimes you'll be winning against a quality team in a big game, and you'll find yourself in a position where you have to protect the result. That doesn't mean you're suddenly not an attacking side, it's just part of the tactics of football.

What I'm saying is that Pogba would've never handballed it if we didn't have a corner from us pressing your defenders. The ultimate error comes from Pogba, but you should never be conceding the corner in the first place. He was awful but our goal also impacted by Firmino and Jones.
Makes it better. :tongue:

If not this we would've scored anyway considering the amount of pressure we were putting on you.

Because you can't score a legit goal at home? :redface:

Yeah like I said, you probably would've scored anyway but it was late in the game and we don't know for sure.

The fact is that whether you support Liverpool, United or any other team, it's becoming clearer every week that additional refereeing technology needs to be implemented. It's as much a necessity for the relegation-battling teams than it is for those towards the top.
I like how parking the bus is seen as 'anti-football', yet that stupid high press which Liverpool play and means that goals are only scored from defensive mistakes and that no decent football can be played is not 'anti-football.

.....what
Mate we had our best defender absent as well. Just like Uniteds weakened side against you at Anfield.

One player out is far from a weakened side compared to four. We also had a weakened side (albeit not as bad) at Anfield, Lallana and Wijnaldum were out whereas today you practically had your full strength side who were all involved in your winning PL streak.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
.....what

I didn't realise how bad, man-for-man the quality of your team was. Albeit you make up for it in energy and pressing, as well as having a manager in the top 3 in the world. But I think you are restricted to the pressing game because of how bad the quality of your players are. You could see in the last 30 mins of that game when your pressing died off United were much the better team.
I didn't realise how bad, man-for-man the quality of your team was. Albeit you make up for it in energy and pressing, as well as having a manager in the top 3 in the world. But I think you are restricted to the pressing game because of how bad the quality of your players are. You could see in the last 30 mins of that game when your pressing died off United were much the better team.

Klopp had world class players at Dortmund and played the same way, there is a reason why "gengenpressing" kept getting thrown about when he first came in and that was what he was known for.

You don't become one of the top scorers in the PL for having bad quality players (we do have the weakest squad out of the top 6 but our first XI when fit is certainly decent), teams park the bus against so our pressing becomes useless when they let us have the ball anyway or hoof it to our box. Pressing is all well and good but you still need quality to break down defences and score goals.
Reply 7992
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Keeping it simple when under pressure would be a good ****ing start

Man just dabs when he's under pressure
Reply 7993

:rofl: what kind of logic is this
Original post by SA-1
Man just dabs when he's under pressure

In fairness I have said within the last few weeks that Pogba would be tested against us since he'd barely have any time on the ball.

He's used to have time and space to pick out the pass - surely he must've expected what he got today but he simply couldn't cope.
Original post by SA-1
:rofl: what kind of logic is this

The alternative kind. Just think though, any team with good fitness and energy levels can press teams into mistakes, doesn't mean they are good footballing teams.
Reply 7996
The alternative kind. Just think though, any team with good fitness and energy levels can press teams into mistakes, doesn't mean they are good footballing teams.

The reason why parking the bus is frowned upon is because most of the times it's used to play the game to not lose. The plan is to have 11 men behind the ball and just shield the goal. Emphasis is not really to attack..

Teams that press come out with a purpose (doesn't necessarily mean they're good teams). They try to win games.. which is what football is about, no?
Original post by SA-1
The reason why parking the bus is frowned upon is because most of the times it's used to play the game to not lose. The plan is to have 11 men behind the ball and just shield the goal. Emphasis is not really to attack..

Teams that press come out with a purpose (doesn't necessarily mean they're good teams). They try to win games.. which is what football is about, no?

Yeah but imagine how s*it a game of two teams who press as much as Liverpool would be, it would no longer be about who can play the best football, but who can make the least defensive mistakes and not be pressured to giving the ball away in difficult situations,leading to more hoofs and row zs.
Reply 7998

We certainly got £90mill for a game changer.

Bailly was a huge miss for us. We needed someone good on the ball with Liverpool's press and Jones's lack of ability cost us.

Herrera needs to realise he isnt Scholes.

Mkhi starting to become one of my favourite United players. Put a right shift in today.

Latest